ok, so my laptop just turned off while i was using it. it didn't run out of power or anything like that.

i turned it back on, and this is what happens:

so, what i want to know is, what does that mean? what can i do to fix it?

oh, and when i do a hdd test, this is what it says:

am i screwed? this is the second hard drive ive had in my laptop. HP had to replace the original one because it had some problem with it. i just hope i dont need another, since this time the warranty is expired.

any help is appreciated. i know you might be like "oh, dont ask UG, ask some computer help people."

i will, if i need to. i know there are people on here that know a lot about computers, i figured i would see if i could find some simple solution here.
check the cable.

No but seriously, your screwed.

Glad to help!
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
check the cable.

yeah, i thought that as well, obviously. but what would i need to check? its a laptop. do i need to check something inside?
Test another HDD if youve got one handy, if not, Pay one of those insanely overpriced pc "tech" guys to come fix it
I Love Oreos, And im English =D
Quote by daytripper75
yeah, i thought that as well, obviously. but what would i need to check? its a laptop. do i need to check something inside?

No, You check the cable that plugs into the moon.

Yes its inside
Quote by Muphin
Can you boot?

all it will do is turn on, go to the screen where it says HP and it lets you get to the BIOS screen, and then it goes to that.

i cant get it to do anything else.
"no IDE device"

better pray there were no important files in your HD man, but check the cables, i bet its fried but you can try anyway =P
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
"no IDE device"

better pray there were no important files in your HD man, but check the cables, i bet its fried but you can try anyway =P

i kind of thought that would be the problem. i was hoping it might be something else.

i already disconnected the hard drive, and reconnected it. that still happens.

it wouldnt surprise me, since i already had 1 bad one, and the replacement i was sent was the same as the original.

i mean, if the HD is screwed, i can live with that. nothing that important on there. tons of music, but most of it i can get back. also pictures, but i have those on cds as well.
Three possibilitys,
1. cause its a replacement, and the first one fried, theyre ****e harddrives so its prone to happen,
2. Possible dodgy IDE connection on your motherboard (but that wouldnt explain why your second one worked straight off)
3. Laptop firmwares gone nuts (very rare)

Probly #1

Edit: if you do get a new HDD, dont get a HP one
Quote by Conica
Three possibilitys,
1. cause its a replacement, and the first one fried, theyre ****e harddrives so its prone to happen,
2. Possible dodgy IDE connection on your motherboard (but that wouldnt explain why your second one worked straight off)
3. Laptop firmwares gone nuts (very rare)

Probly #1

Edit: if you do get a new HDD, dont get a HP one

im guessing #1, as it seems most likely.

im just glad there isnt anything overly important that im losing.