Okay im getting a new 5 string tomotrrow and i need to know what size strings should I ibuy if I wanna tune it like a guitar but of course an octve lower(for example eADGB)?And aslo while im asking questions anyone wanna recomend a good 5 string.I play funk and jazz and some metal?punk kind of stuff.Thanx
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
U dont tune a five string eadgb u tune it beadg its a lot easier to play i would get a music man or a fender, all fender basses are great
^You can tune however you want. I think five strings originally were EADGC but don't quote me on that. Anyway, you'll want to pretty much buy a 6 string set with a .30 C string and downtune a half step.
if i get you right you want to tune your bass like a guitar but lower

you should buy a regular 4 string set and a C string and tune it in B(the high B for bass)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by blinkbass
and its two octaves lower

One octave.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by litus
if i get you right you want to tune your bass like a guitar but lower

you should buy a regular 4 string set and a C string and tune it in B(the high B for bass)

yup yup, thats what i do, i buy a separate 50 gauge string and tune it the way the OP says he wants to,

schecter stilleto 5 is my recommendation
Just buy a 6 string pack and discard the low b string.... thats what i did
Dont discard the B string, save it. It might be useful one day. Especially as theyre expensive!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
buy the 6 string sets and dont use the 6th string...

as for 5 string basses... whats your price range? what kinda tone do you want?