...but experienced on guitar

so i know all about the frets and all the basic stuff, however i am so usedto playing with a pick that when i pick up the bass i can hardly do it with my fingers effectivly.

im just wondering if someone has any way they could tell me exactly how to go about tackling this little technique so i dont learn in the wrong way.

and yes btw i have decided to switch to bass as my drug of choice so committment is not a problem
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Custom P Bass (in the works)
Fender Rumble 100
You cant be that experienced on guitar if you have no fingerpicking ability! Its fundamental man, so yeah, learn to fingerpick, should help you a bit for when you transfer to bass
Diezel, Motherfucker
Practice

the more you try, the better you'll get. I started on guitar too and used a pick for a while, but once I built up the callouses and coordination to play fingerstyle it comes pretty natural.
well i can fingerpick the guitar just fine, like i actually use all my fingers unlike somepople that just use thier index and thumb, its just when i try to apply it to bass the strings are so much more different and farther spaced that its just realyl difficult to pick without using too much force and making the string make a SNAP noise against the frets, or using too little and getting almost no effect out of it.

its all a matter of i just dont know how to put my hand on the bass because you gotta admit, its a totally different technique than that of fingerpicking a guitar.
Gear:

Epiphone Thunderbird
Custom P Bass (in the works)
Fender Rumble 100
You can be experienced on guitar and have no finger picking skills. I know a lot of people who can rip out some nasty stuff but can't finger pick a thing.
Quote by M Power
You can be experienced on guitar and have no finger picking skills. I know a lot of people who can rip out some nasty stuff but can't finger pick a thing.

Then thats all they can do, they have no versatility. I would never class someone as experienced until they at least have some competency at every aspect of the instrument
Diezel, Motherfucker