Seeing as I have no idea how acoustics works, would someone who weighs more enjoy longer sustain in their guitar then someone who was skinny?

are you serious!?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by imicius
Unless your body is hollow, no.

Because thats why LPs have such epic sustain, cause they're so hollow!
This thread just gave me a mental image of a futuristic pill that can temporarily change the components of your penis helping you achieve a unique tone when inserted in a special penis slot at the back of your guitar.
man.....if the fatter you were the better sustain you got, i'd eat alot more lol
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Metal claw
This thread just gave me a mental image of a futuristic pill that can temporarily change the components of your penis helping you achieve a unique tone when inserted in a special penis slot at the back of your guitar.

You come up with the most awesomely weirdest **** ever!!!!

Kudos man!!!
Yeah, the fatter the guitarist the longer the notes are sustained. If you're over 20 stone and play a 12-string acoustic guitar, then your body'll keep playing the last chord you strummed until you wrap yourself in a blanket to damp the oscillations
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Is that why the "Lead" Guitarist of Bowling For Soup plays a Les Paul? For MEGA Sustain?
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
wow, and i thought the pit had gone to hell before...
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
to my common sense and knowledge of physics, if being fat would do anything to the sustain would be to reduce it.
The fat would absorb most of the vibrations and dampen the sustain.

But again, i highly doubt the amount of fat in your body is gonna effect the sustain in any way!!
poll?
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
while i do enjoy a good flaming, im actually going to answer this intellectually.

no. simply put, you would not get better sustain if you were fat. in fact, youd prolly get less sustain, as your body would absorb the vibrations and act as a shock absorber. however, if you are big enouf, you might get more bass from it, the same way that if you put an amp in the corner of a room you get better bass, the large mass behind it may reflect some of the vibrations. now electric is a bit different. depending on the strings you use, and the pickups you use, and the iron content of your body, you might start to pick up electromagnetic interference

now that im done nerding out, how the fu*k did you come up with some crazy sh*t like that!?!?
u cant spell slaughter without laguhter!

Quote by drew
look, lets not go into who drunk-called who, who threw what at who, or who put what in the freezer
Quote by Metal claw

And we'll be able to pick better with our dicks.
Interested in Japan? Join the Club. PM me or Kurt-Corgan.
Quote by PieceOfMind666

Haha, that was an epic pic battle. you are a worthy opponent

Quote by NorseGodofRock
Because thats why LPs have such epic sustain, cause they're so hollow!

Because LPs are running on acoustics alone, and not amplified in any way, right?