To quote whoever wrote that line for Will Ferrel, I have no idea what to do as a lead singer onstage. Actually, I'm fine with my hands. (I just thought it would be a suitable title) Anyway, what--as the dedicated lead vocalist--am i supposed to do during an extended guitar solo?
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Turn to the side or face the drummer and just bounce to the beat. Have a good time, smile, get with the music.

Or go watch some live Oasis videos. Liam is a riot.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Turn to the side or face the drummer and just bounce to the beat. Have a good time, smile, get with the music.

Or go watch some live Oasis videos. Liam is a riot.

Quote by Retribution
Step back, just enjoy the music.

DON'T EVER AIR GUITAR! NEVER!

That is the worst thing I've ever seen, a singer air-guitaring to a solo.

They certainly know what they are talking about.
dance around
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
heres a good tip, watch legendary bands, watch how the great frontmen throught the history of rock carry themselves in stage or even off stage. Im not saying to you to be a copy cat for someone. but just watch and learn from the legends, you might pick up a thing or two, specially what to do during guitar solos. Go to You Tube. So these are some bands to watch that had great frontman who dont usually play instrument, (or sometimes.)regardless of what genre of music they played in a random order. Rolling Stones (Jagger);The Who (Daltrey) Aerosmith(Tyler);Yes(Anderson); Led Zeppelin(Plant);Deep Purple(Gillan);Judas Priest(Halford);Queen(Mercury);Black Sabbath(Osbourne); Uriah Heep(Shaw);Ramones(Joey); Van Halen(Roth or Haggar);U2(Bono); to name a few. Rock on brother!
Don't put your hands in your pockets. Don't play air guitar. If you find yourself wanting to do those things, grab the mic like you're going to sing and hold it. That will look less stupid than airguitar, and you won't look bored like if you had your hands in your pockets.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
jump around on the stage, go near others and "rock" with them.... headbang, whatever!

(If you're metal.... else, I don't know)
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
You could run offstage like Axl Rose does everytime there's a solo (I think he still does that, I know he does that on the UYI I & II DVDs).
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
besides the frontmen souldezire listed some other greats are:
Ronnie Van Zant(lynyrd skynyrd), Jim Morrison(the doors),Bob Marley, Bon Scott(ac/dc), and Janis Joplin.
This: http://youtube.com/watch?v=g4TL6J2q3qE

or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWXQR5KEtE

If you do this you get a cookie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck-1kRnHqro

and if you ever have to keep a crowd happy during a technical difficulty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzbug6BLu34
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
cow bell?
epiphone sg
MIM Fender Telecaster
peaveyvalveking 112
behringer pedal:TO800, UD100, EQ700
custom pedal board
goals for 0

-to sing
-sing & play
-have succesful first show
Quote by Assasaurus
You could run offstage like Axl Rose does everytime there's a solo (I think he still does that, I know he does that on the UYI I & II DVDs).

yea, then light a cigarette, and don't show up to sing the second verse like axl on rocket queen in ritz...
anyway, look at some famous singers mentioned above to get some ideas, just don't stand still or even worse, air guitar...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Sep 20, 2007,
Just jump off stage and start dancing with the crowd. They'd love it, and your guitarist would hate it.

Or!

You could stand their like Ozzy did on the Iron Man video and bob your head like a tiki doll.
Get off my lawn.
hey, what do you do if you are in a metal band ( besides headbang/windmill )?

going for males ( heavy vocals ) and female ( the pretty stuff )
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Just dance and have a good time. Watch the red hot chili peppers
my idea is i would jump in the crowd and start talking to some random hot chick and jump back up when i gotta sing again. haven't been able to try it yet but...i will....i will
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Whip it out...

Swing your mic..

Get into the ~groooove~!
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
All you gotta do is stand back, let the soloist do his thing, and enjoy yourself.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by souldezire
heres a good tip, watch legendary bands, watch how the great frontmen throught the history of rock carry themselves in stage or even off stage. Im not saying to you to be a copy cat for someone. but just watch and learn from the legends, you might pick up a thing or two, specially what to do during guitar solos. Go to You Tube. So these are some bands to watch that had great frontman who dont usually play instrument, (or sometimes.)regardless of what genre of music they played in a random order. Rolling Stones (Jagger);The Who (Daltrey) Aerosmith(Tyler);Yes(Anderson); Led Zeppelin(Plant);Deep Purple(Gillan);Judas Priest(Halford);Queen(Mercury);Black Sabbath(Osbourne); Uriah Heep(Shaw);Ramones(Joey); Van Halen(Roth or Haggar);U2(Bono); to name a few. Rock on brother!

I have no idea how that list got through without Iron Maiden (Harris or Di'Anno), especially because Judas Priest is there.

Still, good list. My suggestion would be to do the "Mic dance", made famous by Freddy Mercury, Paul Rodgers, and some other guys.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Do what Bruce Dickenson(Iron Maiden) did and lift the guitarist on your shoulders and run around.