what exactly do you do to sweep pick? and how long should it take to attain a decent speed of sweep picking?
lol i dont know if this belongs under basics, but i hope other ppl reply cause i got the same questions
You are now blinking manually
Sweep picking is basically playing an arpeggio, usually with one note per string, sometimes with 2 notes on the highest or lowest string played on. You make a controlled strummed motion with your right hand. Read an article, it will be explained better in one than I explained it.
Last edited by burning_snowman at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by burning_snowman
Sweep picking is basically playing an arpeggio, usually with one note per string, sometimes with 2 note on the highest or lowest stringe playeed on. You make a controlled strummed motion with your right hand. Read an article, it will be explained better in one than I explained it.

ok cool thnxs makes a lil sense ill read a article on it just 1 more question how long should it take to play it at a decent speed?
Quote by RustyStrings92
ok cool thnxs makes a lil sense ill read a article on it just 1 more question how long should it take to play it at a decent speed?

Everyone's different.
it'll be awhile before playing at decent speeds. it's very, VERRRYY important to take sweeping slow when learning.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?