I usually don't care for Will Ferrell at all, but I have to say this was a wonderful film. Its not your typical kind of Ferrell movie, no, but thats probably part of the reason I like it so much too.

Anyway, fans?
I loved it.
yeah its a great movie! very original and well done. the part where he gets the chick because he plays the guitar--- life story anyone?
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I really liked it. I also enjoy Will Ferrell's comedys. I think I enjoyed this more than many people because I didn't expect it to be funny (which is also why I enjoyed The Truman Show more than many people did).
I loved it.

It was fantastic.

My only beef?

***SPOILERS!!! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER DANGER!***

The ending, the more I thought about.

It was a great ending, for what it was, but it just seemed so dumb after thinking about it.

I mean, he was going to HAVE to die. It was like the woman didn't have the heart to simply change it at first, and Dustin Hoffman basically was pushing suicide into his mind.

For what, you ask? To make the ending better, and make her sell more books.

You're telling me someone is going to be willing to give his life to a person he doesn't even know so she can sell more books? Come on!

Of course, it all ends well, and she DOES change the book, and it reclaims itself, but that whole "I should die for her book sales" thing still baffles me.

/***SPOILERS***
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I thought it was pretty great. I haven't watched it again though, I should really go rent it soon.
Quote by The Madcap
I really liked it. I also enjoy Will Ferrell's comedys. I think I enjoyed this more than many people because I didn't expect it to be funny (which is also why I enjoyed The Truman Show more than many people did).

No, I'm in the same boat as you for both of those films. I came into both of them knowing they weren't the typical Ferrell or Carrey flick, and I loved them both. However I do enjoy most of Carrey's filmography, which is not the case for Will Ferrell.
Am I the only one who clicked on this hoping for a discussion about the Chuck Palahniuk book?
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I loved it, not as funny as his other films, but I still liked it. I suppose it wasn't exactly meant to be funny though.