howdy everyone!, i just started a band with some of my friends, but problem is, i only have a 15watt spider II amp...everyone tells me to upgrade 'cuz my amp blows in the first place, and it's only 15watts so i'mma need something with a 'bit more power. suggestions for higher wattage? some amp suggestions? i don't wanna spend too much but i'll spend as much as i need to. i'll be playing an epiphone G-400 sg. and we'll be playing some modern rock-esq type stuff...probably, we're developing our own sound sooooo, suggestions?
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
as any elitist asshole on here will tell you, you need to go tube. and it is actually good advice. a good tube amp will get you the sounds you need. What is your price range?
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
How much money do you have to spend? and congrats on the band dude
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
I'm in a succesfull band who has been together for a year and I only have an SS 40 watt.
Look into the Vox ADVT series, you can be acceptably loud with the 30 watt version and if need be you could by the 50 or higher versions. The vox is really affordable and has great GREAT tone models.
a valveking 112? pretty steep price though. maybe a palomino? i would say getting a combo as its cheaper.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
I suggest a 15 watt tube amp, such as a Crate v16 or Fender Blues Junior. They will blow a 40 watt SS out of the water in both volume and tone.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
vox valvetronix combo models. they are all great amps with hundreds of combinations of built in effects (chorus delay flange phaser compressor auto-wah) as well as many different amp sounds ranging from clean to heavy muddy distortion, all at a good price, if you dont go for that go with a marshall, but if the vox sounds good follow this link and find the size/price you want, i recommend the ad30vt or ad50vt if you want a little more power, but if you raise the condensor on the back the thing is quite loud, like vibrate your room on the low-e loud. enjoy vox's 9 combo style amps and wattages
Quote by jsxxx
Look into the Vox ADVT series, you can be acceptably loud with the 30 watt version and if need be you could by the 50 or higher versions. The vox is really affordable and has great GREAT tone models.

+1
a cheap 2 by 12 100 watt solid state would work for a while, but eventually you'll wanna go tube. try a blues junior, thats probably perfect for your situation

and
Quote by RentACar
I'm in a succesfull band who has been together for a year and I only have an SS 40 watt.

just out of curiosity, define "successfull"
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I have a Peavey Valve King 112, and it's got pretty good performance for the price. I'm very satisfied with it. It's still not cheap though. You can probably find one for around $450. Maybe less if you look in the right place.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Someone recently on UG said they had a 50 watt 112 Peavey Valveking combo they wanted to sell. Check the gear spam threads or use the search function. Sorry don't remember anymore about it. Might be worth checking into. Offer $300. He'll probably want money for shipping. They go brand new for $449 USD.
ok price range is about 200-300....but seeing as everyone's postin' a little more i need a job....
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby