i just got a hot rod deville and messed around with it pretty much the whole day.

a few minutes ago i hit the footswitch (channel select) and there was this clicking/popping noise that i heard. so i decided to try it again and when i hit the switch i heard it again. it keeps doing it and its a pretty loud noise when transitioning so i wanted to know if anybody knows what this is?

i've never had a tube amp before so im a newb when it comes to this.
ive got that amp.......its happened to me before but went away. try messing with the footswitch cable, unplug it then plug it back in, see if the jacks on the amp or footswitch are loose. turn it off then turn it back on too..............can you tell if the sound if coming thru the speakers or not?
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
yea its coming through the speakers.

its not noticeable when i play loud but if im not playing or playing softly and i switch, there is a big pop.
is that amp brand new? uhhhh **** i dont know man thats weird thats its persisting like that. it could be youre pre amp tubes but i highly doubt it, just to be safe reach around back and push them upward to make sure there in the sockets tightly. they could be shot all together but like i said, thats highly unlikely
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project