Poll: could anybody change the guitar again?
Poll Options
View poll results: could anybody change the guitar again?
yes
30 94%
no
2 6%
Voters: 32.
does anybody think that somebody in the future could ever change electric guitaring in the same way evh and hendrix did?
very possibly
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Morello has
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by Henry Polfave
Morello has

ok, i love ratm and morello but i meant mostly without effects pedals
Quote by untalented

Morello has
Quote by BrianApocalypse

there's always going to be progress, everyone's different, everyone has different influences, so even if there isn't just "one" person, collectively, guitar will change
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by Henry Polfave
Morello has

he sort of has...
but he's in the "past" now anyway. I mean the future.
Quote by untalented

i agree with henry in every way. you obviously dont know much about his guitar playing
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
i agree with henry in every way. you obviously dont know much about his guitar playing

lawl my name is actually Kevin i just maek this up to confuse people

and yes

Hendrix used alot of effects,and most of them he couldn't even use live,so i don't see your point

I LOVE HENDRIX I AM NOT DISSING HIM
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by rage6945

ouch. Bit harsh considering I only partly disagreed with him. He has innovated guitar without effects too... but he's in the past/present anyway.

and hendrix used pedals too. this is all beside my point though. it's half 2 and i wanted to ask a quick question... not get flamed for not thinking straight
Yes, I'm pretty sure about it.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Yeah, I've been poking around with a couple ideas. Like having individual pickups for each string and being able to tone each string to a specific setting. Also various neck designs, and a guitar that can double for a synth on it's own (not a keytar)
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Yes. If they didn't, it would get stale, and people would stop playing it.

+1,000

With the ever so rapid advances in effects, amp modellers, guitar technology, etc., there is ALWAYS going to be a modern pioneer.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Henry Polfave
lawl my name is actually Kevin i just maek this up to confuse people

and yes

Hendrix used alot of effects,and most of them he couldn't even use live,so i don't see your point

I LOVE HENDRIX I AM NOT DISSING HIM

haha i didnt feel like putting the full username so i just figured it was henry

anyway most people dont understand, he was really limited on effects. delay, flange, eq, whammy, and wah. everything else was done with his hands and mixing all his effects
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
^ A Univox guitar has single string pickups. I saw it at a guitar show last year and tried it out. Kinda cool, but awfully weird. I think Billy Corgan has done a lot for the guitar lately.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
^ A Univox guitar has single string pickups. I saw it at a guitar show last year and tried it out. Kinda cool, but awfully weird. I think Billy Corgan has done a lot for the guitar lately.

Oh, I'll have to check that out
The Pit. The Movie.
idk if theres very much more to do on guitar... i mean the only thing i can think of is to play even FASTEERRR lol
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by fallenangel20
+1,000

With the ever so rapid advances in effects, amp modellers, guitar technology, etc., there is ALWAYS going to be a modern pioneer.

People are missing my point. I don't mean sounds from technology, I mean sounds you want and then make. If that includes technology then that's different but I mean if you had a crappy guitar, no money for technology and wanted to create something different. If it means making alterations to your guitar yourself then it's fine.
Quote by rage6945
haha i didnt feel like putting the full username so i just figured it was henry

anyway most people dont understand, he was really limited on effects. delay, flange, eq, whammy, and wah. everything else was done with his hands and mixing all his effects

yeah he only has like 4 that he has had since 1990 or something

i want to make that many noises with my farts
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Spay
Yeah, I've been poking around with a couple ideas. Like having individual pickups for each string and being able to tone each string to a specific setting. Also various neck designs, and a guitar that can double for a synth on it's own (not a keytar)

this isnt much of a guitar breakthrough, but a discovery i made recently. i was jamming with some friends, and we were short an amp, so i ran my pedal board through the PA. the sound quality was horrendous, but using a harmonizer, my wah, and a tremelo effect (my killswitch) it sounded just like a sick bass synth with a filter on it
gear

PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Quote by rage6945

well to be honest i dont either but from what ive seen in youtube clips people have posted on this site saying OMG look at this!!1! all he really does is use a killswitch a lot or more specifically the selector switch with one pickup's volume on zero.
Quote by rage6945
this isnt much of a guitar breakthrough, but a discovery i made recently. i was jamming with some friends, and we were short an amp, so i ran my pedal board through the PA. the sound quality was horrendous, but using a harmonizer, my wah, and a tremelo effect (my killswitch) it sounded just like a sick bass synth with a filter on it

Yeah, but it's small things that you start with that can lead to others. Also I've only been playing for about a year and I'm not totally in the loop yet with guitar tech
The Pit. The Movie.