Page 1 of 4
People on UG that are just stuck in the world of metal. Im not sure if you guys are aware, but theres other genres of music out there. I'm especially sick of hearing "fall out boy and green day suck, there just made up of 3 power chords"

the power chords theory is getting on my fucking nerves. Yes, maybe those bands do play with just power chords, but there obviously better than you. I'm not sticking up for those bands, but im just saying, all those people who bash them, more than likely have never even listened to them. And its all coming from those same kids with the metallica and ozzy osbourne avatars .

anyway, anyone else annoyed by it?
Last edited by evan1234567 at Sep 18, 2007,
Yes.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I've heard other genres and I don't care for most of them. I don't see what the problem is.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Last edited by Rust_in_Peace34 at Sep 18, 2007,
I enjoy all genres of music, except mainstream rap, of course
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I agree that some people being too stuck with one genre but I do hate Fall Out Boy and Green Day. I have no problem with the music ability of these bands I just think they sound really lame.
Quote by evan1234567
those same kids with the metallica and ozzy osbourne avatars .

you have captain kirk as your avatar can you play guitar at warp speed?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Yea, f*** metal.

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!!!

Or at least Ontario.
Quote by evan1234567
same with me.

Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Derek <3's You!
Nah, I'll listen to anyone elses bullsh*t as long as they listen to mine.

+1
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by Henry Polfave
you have captain kirk as your avatar can you play guitar at warp speed?

my avatar is picard, n00b.
i have an ozzy avatar and i love green day too, not so much fall out boy, but i love metal, and anything else except rap or anything with screaming vocals
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
I'd rather not give a shit and just listen to Beck. Who cares what everyone else is listening to, or to what some unknowledgable arrogant prick thinks.

By making this thread and alleged 'rant', you've pretty much sunk down to the same level as the people your against.
Quote by Justin_43130
i have an ozzy avatar and i love green day too, not so much fall out boy, but i love metal, and anything else except rap or anything with screaming vocals

Good for you. You dont count in my little rant then.
i have honestly tried to give those bands a chance.. but hated their guts... just my opinion man
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
I don't know about anyone else. But, I started out listening to them. So, how could I not know what they sound like if that's I first started to listen to?

Thanks for your opinion Evan. But, people have opinions just like yours. Can't really change that. So, don't worry about it. Let people think what they want, if your god..you could kill them or something..but your not. So, your gonna have to deal with it like all of us mortals.
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! Give mcr, green day, and those bands a chance because they rock.

You see the problem is metalheads bash mainstream music on purpose. Most bands (except for rap and pop) are mainstream BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD MUSIC!

So don't say bands suck just because they are mainstream... unless it is pop or rap... then it sucks
Quote by evan1234567
People on UG that are just stuck in the world of metal. Im not sure if you guys are aware, but theres other genres of music out there. I'm especially sick of hearing "fall out boy and green day suck, there just made up of 3 power chords"

the power chords theory is getting on my fucking nerves. Yes, maybe those bands do play with just power chords, but there obviously better than you.. I'm not sticking up for those bands, but im just saying, all those people who bash them, more than likely have never even listened to them. And its all coming from those same kids with the metallica and ozzy osbourne avatars .

anyway, anyone else annoyed by it?

/rant.

most of the people you're talking about are 14-year old noobs who just heard of Metallica a month ago...the vast majority of metal fans on UG, at least the ones I've come across in the metal forum, are pretty open-minded when it comes to music. I mean, we have classical and jazz fans all over the place in the metal forum...

But DON'T use the "obviously better than you" argument. Fame and success don't equal skill.
Dude chill out. People are allowed to express their opinions just as you are doing now...and if you're sick of hearing about how green day and fallout boy suck, then don't go into threads called "Fallout boy sux".
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
I got two options for the thread starter

1.) look for my thread on "band Bashing" and rant there (read the rules first please!)
or
2.) STFU! You don't know if the guys who criticize the Green-Day and Fall Out Fags can or can not play guitar better than theose Shiiiety bands. I know I can, and Im not that good!
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
i have honestly tried to give those bands a chance.. but hated their guts... just my opinion man

well im just glad you at least tried them, and discovered they just werent for you.
I'm a little sick of random bashing of the fore mentioned bands. I liked Green days earlier work.. i don't care for Fall out boy.. but there are much worse and annoying bands of their genre
Quote by Blackballed
Dude chill out. People are allowed to express their opinions just as you are doing now...and if you're sick of hearing about how green day and fallout boy suck, then don't go into threads called "Fallout boy sux".

i dont. people randomly say it at the most uncalled for times.
Actually I'm willing to bet 90 percent of the people on this site are better musicians than the ones in falloutboy and greenday. Fame has nothing to do with talent, unfortunately. Its the reason many great jazz musicians have no money and play in club bands for a living.
Get over it and move on? The elitists who bash other bands instead of saying politely, "I dislike *name of band**," most of the time don't know what they're talking about anways.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
*Violins...*
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
People can say and do as they please,
although old green day is decent.

It's not black flags or social distortion, or even the rammones, talk about 3 power chords....
I don't even shred
Quote by Squabblism

You see the problem is metalheads bash mainstream music on purpose. Most bands (except for rap and pop) are mainstream BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD MUSIC!

So don't say bands suck just because they are mainstream... unless it is pop or rap... then it sucks

Are you serious?
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by Squabblism
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! Give mcr, green day, and those bands a chance because they rock.

that was a good point.
It depends what you class as 'metal'

Slayer, Cannibal Corpse etc are called metal and they suck.

However, Rage, Audioslave and Led Zep are called metal and they rock.

So ummmm.... Please differentiate...
Page 1 of 4