Hey guys, this is

THE SCHOOL JAZZ BAND FORUM
For this forum, you can post about how you are in jazz band at high school, if your love your or hate your teacher, what songs you are doing, etc.

Rules:
1. Don't spam (obviously.)
2. Don't be blantantly mean and aggressive towards jazz, (I personally think some jazz songs have some of the greatest solos ever.)

If you follow those, things will be
Stuper Duper
I didn't even have to really audition to get into mine! I just showed up with a bass and said "lemme play too!!"

My brother was the last bass player.. and its the same one that I use.. ^.^ He gave it to me.

Its fun..
Yeah, I play bass in mine. right now were learning pretty much half the songs off of Kin of Blue by Miles davis. Good thing its easy and good to follow.
Quote by ParticleManTMBG
I played trumpet in mine, it sucked so I'm switching to guitar this year.

funny, we need a trumpet in ours. we normally have a sax play the melody.
I personally missed the boat for any school oriented band.

+1 for jazz tho, really enjoy the genre
im playing trombone and we make up our own jazz songs but were also doing brooklyn by youngblood brass band and blue bossa and chameleon

does anyone else have names for their jazz groups?
cause im in the senior jazz combo and the underclassmen jazz combo
aka Bob Scott and the Accidentals, The Shapeshifter Jazz
notice in bob scott the way we spell it the 'b' in bob is a flat and the 'tt' in scott is supposed to be a sharp
our horn section sucks at getting things right. so we have to practice alot of crap. im in the strings by the way (2nd guitar)
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
hehe I basically was given the second guitar position for next year the other day because the music teacher likes me and i'm taking his music theory class. That and just about everyone else besides my friend Justin, who will most likely be the first guitar position, sucks at guitar or is graduating this yeat
Dart of the Dragoons Pm big_deth to join
we have a stage band and a jazz band in our school. stage plays crappier stuff but goes to awsome places. We're playing Proud Mary, Rock Around the Clock, Enter the Sandman, (LOL), i WILL follow him, and some jazzier tunes
yeah im the fastest sight reader as far as guitars go, but 1st guitar is a tiny, i mean tiny bit better than me. i know more theory so :P
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
I play bass and double bass, cello, guitar and can play sax.

Played all at some time in the band.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"