Does anybody have any suggestions for a distortion pedal for my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 watt Tube Amp? The dude at the store suggested a Tube Screamer, and i was wondering if there are any other good choices. Also.. this may sound n00b, but whats the difference between distortion/overdrive pedals? I mainly want the pedal for when im playing stuff other than bluesey SRV stuff, eg Metallica.
Thanks in advance.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Distortion is a little bit harsher and more powerful. Overdrive is fuller and more clear.
The Pit. The Movie.
i first had the boss ds 1 distortion. but now i use the metal muff for a dist pedal and i love it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i heard that tube screamer is good. but i have a boss metal zone and that works pretty nicely for me
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i heard that tube screamer is good. but i have a boss metal zone and that works pretty nicely for me

yea i think all the suggestions i get here I will try out on my amp model at the store, along with the tube screamer
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tube Screamers are great pedals, but in my opinion, they aren't really good for heavy metal sounds. I own a Fender Deville (which is similar to the amp you have), and a Tube Screamer. I also own an Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff, which definitely gets the job done in terms of the heavy metal sound (it's also good with modern hard rock sound). I would recommend the Metal Muff, but eventually, down the road, getting a Tube Screamer definitely wouldn't hurt (really orgasmic sounds, just not heavy metal).
1950s Reissue Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Gold Top Les Paul
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Ibanez TS-9
Boss BF-3
Boss DD-6
Wylde Signature Cry Baby
DigiTech Whammy 4