So hey fellow pit monkeys. It has basically dawned on me, the beginning of my senior year in high school that I should probably start deciding what to do / where to go to college. I HAVE NO CLUE. I mean, I like guitar, music, and computers, but i cant think of any degree that combines them all into something i'd like. Im not really looking for any suggestions, just was wondering if anybody is in or has been in the same kind of situation I am in. Well.. maybe if somebody can give me a major that would help, but just felt like throwin this out there.
Thanks!
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
you could be a music producer or a sound engineer. but they dont pay very well, and you can go to college for something better than that.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Dude I know. I'm a senior and I haven't looked into colleges or scholarships or ACT and SAT exams. I don't even know why I have to go to college, really. I mean, I can't really see myself doing anything 10 years from now. I don't want to make big bucks, I just want to make a living doing something I enjoy (like music, video games, computers, or something like that). But maybe college could clear things up for me.
do what i did. absolutely put it off till the last minute, then write a desperation essay on how much you have changed and ****. it so works out.

EDIT: btw im a history major and i hate history. so maybe that doesnt work
the thread title made me laugh heartily.

My suggestion would be to pick a few colleges near you, and apply and do all that jazz. Once you're in college, just take a wide variety of classes and see what sticks. You really don't have to choose a major until your junior year. That's 4 years away, plenty of time to decide what you wanna do. I'm a US history Major, and when I first started, I intended to get an undergrad degree in US History and then go to law school, but the longer I go, the more interested I become in actually continuing to study history in grad school and eventually teaching it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by mr. riff
Dude I know. I'm a senior and I haven't looked into colleges or scholarships or ACT and SAT exams. I don't even know why I have to go to college, really. I mean, I can't really see myself doing anything 10 years from now. I don't want to make big bucks, I just want to make a living doing something I enjoy (like music, video games, computers, or something like that). But maybe college could clear things up for me.

I did take the SAT, got 1260/1600.. my parents basically forced me to take it. I also want to do something I like. My parents both dont really like their jobs and I dont wanna end up in the same type of situation. You do have the same kind of interests as me, so i dont really know either what a good major would be.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Applying to a few different colleges and deciding on a major in college does sound like a good idea. Although I would like to have some type of "gameplan" before i go into college. So i at least have some type of idea.
Quote by pmeg568c

My Gear
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Oh no because I didn't just make thread on this exact subject. Not just like it more like 100% the same. Oh no not at all.

Oh hey buddy .
High as tits
Quote by SoccerRM1
Applying to a few different colleges and deciding on a major in college does sound like a good idea. Although I would like to have some type of "gameplan" before i go into college. So i at least have some type of idea.

well I guess the big question is whether you like music/computers enough to go to a music production school or if you'd rather go to a liberal arts type college.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke