Out of the ****load of accessory circuits EMG makes, what would be the most useful?

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=EMG-Accessory-Circuits

I have a Jackson SLSMG with an EMG 81 bridge, 60 neck and I play metal. The EMG-BTS-SYS would be sweet with a pre-wired balance control (blend) and master volume with the bass and treble on separate pots. I only have room for two knobs which sucks unless I drill more holes which I don't wanna do.

Or I could just go with the afterburner.

Opinions please. Especially if you've modded your guitar with any of these.
I wish I could suggestion something, but I neither own any emgs "dreaming" or any of these products, but a suggestion to mounting. How about mounting them somewhere unconventual. Like the side of the guitar. Or if you plan on having them on alot inside of the guitar fully on.
Quote by WickedBeast666
I wish I could suggestion something, but I neither own any emgs "dreaming" or any of these products, but a suggestion to mounting. How about mounting them somewhere unconventual. Like the side of the guitar. Or if you plan on having them on alot inside of the guitar fully on.

Some but not all of the circuits work with passive or active pickups...
yah, I was looking at the gain boost, for when I got a 81, 85, SA set, *for my dream guitar*. but that's alittle ways off.
I'd be curious to hear some before and after sound clips of what the afterburner or the gain boost switch can do...

I'm seriously thinking about replacing my stock tone knob with the EXG...
Quote by EMG

The lows and highs are boosted while the midrange is dipped out. The EXG is great for creating a fuller tone that doesn't get muddy, while keeping it clean and clear, letting your guitar stand out in the mix.

BTW, I have an 85 I can sell you cheap...PM me if you're interested.
Lol, I would be intrested if my guitar didn't break and need repair. Talk about timeing and luck. Try to find a Kerry King guitar. His signature set has the gain boost built in. So I'd assume they'd put it on his signature guitar with his signature set.
I have the afterburner in my ibanez, give me a week or so and i'll post a soundclip
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
I have the afterburner in my ibanez, give me a week or so and i'll post a soundclip

Sweet, do you like it? Where were you able to put the afterburner knob on your Ibanez?
Quote by dizturbed
Sweet, do you like it? Where were you able to put the afterburner knob on your Ibanez?

yeah, it works really well, and would work brilliantly on a tube amp as a boost, the control for the gain is almost a necessity as at full all the time, it would get frustrating not having the versatility.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
yeah, it works really well, and would work brilliantly on a tube amp as a boost, the control for the gain is almost a necessity as at full all the time, it would get frustrating not having the versatility.

I had a look at your pics of your Ibanez but I didn't see where you mounted the afterburner, or is it on a different guitar?

I'm trying to convince myself to drill a 3rd hole to remove my stock tone knob, and add the afterburner and the EMG EXG tone expander. I may try them separately and see which I like better.

a 3rd knob would fit perfectly between the other 2:
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2910104528

Could somebody explain or post sound clips of how a preamp booster gives you more distortion, versus say an overdrive pedal?
if your seriously thinking about getting an EXG expander, then stop thinking and get on with it. they seem to make a subtle difference at first but once you know your sound you can really feel it. there great.
schecter hellraiser c-1 FR custom w/ EMGs 81/85 and EMG-EXG expander
yamaha rbx170 4 string
peavey grind BXP NTB 4 string
jcm2000 dsl 50
1960a cab 4x12
roland micro cube 2w
electro harmonix double muff
zoom g2.1u
Afterburner and Pa2. They both give ALOT of feedback though. well, not really feedback, more of a hiss.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment