Why does the roland cube only come in low wattages? Why don't they make a head version? The micro cube attached to a bigger speaker can give a nice studio tone.
Because if it was any bigger it wouldn't be a cube, it'd be a box. The idea is that it's small and pretty portable.
because beyond the wattages and configurations offered there is almost no market for the amps, because they would be in the same price range as a nice tube amp, and there is nobody who in their right mind would get a solid state amp over a tube amp.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
With pedals, cubes have the best high gain ss distortion I've ever heard.
Roland makes some heads but I don't think they include modeling. They are pretty pricey.
Quote by JesusLives
Why does the roland cube only come in low wattages? Why don't they make a head version? The micro cube attached to a bigger speaker can give a nice studio tone.

Because it is a practice amp. The idea is, if you want an amp to play shows, go tube.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Because it is a practice amp. The idea is, if you want an amp to play shows, go tube.

Exactly!

Roland isn't about screwing you over with crappy half stack gimmicks such as the Marshall MG100head or Spider II or III head at jacked up prices.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
the roland 60 is still pretty decent for gigging.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.