Page 1 of 2
Here's the idea:
My English teacher assigned an essay to us. "Describe your passion" was basically the criteria. She doesn't want us to put our names on it, so she can guess who wrote it. I've already written my real essay, but now I'm writing a fake story that'll keep her in suspense until BAM "In West Philadelphia born and raised..." So I come to UG with advice, what would be a good idea for a story. Something easy to write about and won't get me in trouble. You all have the opportunity to be a part of greatness here. Now go!
*This Space For Rent*
Your passion about playing guitar? I don't know what your passions are.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Dude, that's hilarious. I wish I were in your class if you read it.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
If you're going to go the Fresh Prince route, write about Will's passion for lovin the shawties.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
post it here when done plz!
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
I wrote one about a kid coming home to find his window open.
He called his mom and then the Fresh Prince theme started.
Haha.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Why not take your real story and change the ending to that?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
lol some kid on my bus just did that for his speech in english

Do it.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
"It was a dark and stormy night...
Shuffling, uneven footsteps echoed through the foggy night.
Raspy breathing punctured the cool air.
The figure of a man hunched over emerged from the darkness. His decrepit form limped down the street until he reached an old abandoned house, dimly lit from within by a small fire in the hearth.
The man entered to find a small group of people, all of which had turned to face the door when his shaking hand grasped the knob.
He walked to the center of the room, and sat on an old milkbox. The people waited with bated breath for him to speak.
Licking his lips, the man began to talk; a small croak erupted first. He cleared his throat and opened his lips a second time, and out flowed the events of his adventure:
::funky beat::
'Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there- I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air'"
::Will sprays self in face with paint; turns to graffiti wall; cop looks disappointedly at camera and taps Will on shoulder; Will feigns innocence and uses paint as deodorant::
"'INNNNN West Philadelphia, born and raised...'"

Do that.

edit- The man is then thrown out of the house like Uncle Phil does to Jazz.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Last edited by crazynickman at Sep 18, 2007,
Quote by crazynickman
"It was a dark and stormy night...
Shuffling, uneven footsteps echoed through the foggy night.
Raspy breathing punctured the cool air.
The figure of a man hunched over emerged from the darkness. His decrepit form limped down the street until he reached an old abandoned house, dimly lit from within by a small fire in the hearth.
The man entered to find a small group of people, all of which had turned to face the door when his shaking hand grasped the knob.
He walked to the center of the room, and sat on an old milkbox. The people waited with bated breath for him to speak.
Licking his lips, the man began to talk; a small croak erupted first. He cleared his throat and opened his lips a second time, and out flowed the events of his adventure:
::funky beat::
'Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there- I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air'"
::Will sprays self in face with paint; turns to graffiti wall; cop looks disappointedly at camera and taps Will on shoulder; Will feigns innocence and uses paint as deodorant::
"'INNNNN West Philadelphia, born and raised...'"

Do that.

I'm definitely gonna use that. But slightly changed. Thank you, and I will post when I'm finished.
*This Space For Rent*
Quote by metal_til_im_60
I'm definitely gonna use that. But slightly changed. Thank you, and I will post when I'm finished.

Whoa whoa whoa...plagiarism much?
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

<//////>~
Quote by crazynickman
Whoa whoa whoa...plagiarism much?

Seriously? You told me to use it lol
*This Space For Rent*
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH, do it.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by metal_til_im_60
Seriously? You told me to use it lol

Change it completely, like make it a scary suspense story but don't use it word for word or I'd cry.
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Is Jazz Jazz as in DJ Jazzy Jeff, or is he a different Jazz?

DJ Jazzy Jeff...
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
na man, iu gotta start from the middle , like something bad happenes to you then u say "and my mom got scared she said ur moving with your auntie and uncle to bel-air....." that's how i've seen it in various image boards
Ok, it's almost done now. Turns out I didn't use your idea after all crazynickman.
*This Space For Rent*
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
na man, iu gotta start from the middle , like something bad happenes to you then u say "and my mom got scared she said ur moving with your auntie and uncle to bel-air....." that's how i've seen it in various image boards

NO WAY
He has to start from the beginning; screw "various image boards."
Quote by Douche ©

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6

<//////>~
put this part in - I grew up in a mansion and was a mo fawkin hellion yo
funky beat-
uncle phil was my judge papa pimp in the hood, he was notorious and big but he had a 2 pack gut. fallin out his pants was his anaconda donga, represent bel air, crazy warriors from da conga

i r a rap nOOb
Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for

It all started around 2 years ago for me. I fell into a bad crowd, and everything seemed to spiral downward after that. Gang fights, violence, theft, crime, even drugs were a regular part of my life. My old school was terrible, and I couldn’t wait to flee from there, and fast. See, the day before I got into a little “scuffle” with a big-time, dangerous, gang, and now they were furious with me. I skipped school the day after and went to a “friend’s” house. Turns out my friend was a backstabbing jerk though, he ratted me out, and they came after me. There must have been about 20 people, some armed with knives. They were pretty hardcore too, most of them 6 foot 8, weighed about a ton. A few of them were armed with blades, maybe even a gat or two, but I didn’t stay long enough to see. I bolted out of the backdoor and didn’t look back until I had run about a hundred miles. I stopped when I’d gone about a mile into the woods, and reached a clearing. I was dead-tired. My legs felt like they were tearing apart, my knees felt like basketballs, I felt like my lungs were made of iron. I caught my breath for a little bit, and finally noticed my surroundings. I was in the middle of a clearing, the ground was soft, and shaded by the surrounding trees. A cool breeze was blowing, everything felt very tranquil and calm. I sat down, the grass felt springy and light. I needed to clear my head, plan out my next actions carefully. After much careful consideration, I decided what I needed to do. I found a comfortable spot under a tree, and fell fast asleep. I woke up a couple of hours later. I checked my watch and noticed it was 4:00 in the morning. This worked well for me. I made my way back to my house, and arrived around 4:45. I crept into the house like a thief where I awoke my mom, who had fallen asleep at the kitchen table. I could tell she had been losing her mind worrying about me. Finally, I calmed her down and explained what happened. Obviously she flipped and told me I was going to move out to California to live with my uncle and aunt. I had to hide out for a few days in my house like a refugee though before I could get a flight. At last the day came. I got my suitcase, and took a taxi to the airport. The flight was great. I jammed some music most of the way. Anyways, I made it off the plane and out of the airport. I caught a cab and gave him the address to my new home. The cab driver asked me what brought me to California so I told him. “Well this is a story all about how, my life got twisted, turned upside down, and I’d like to take a minute just sit right there. I’ll tell you how a became the prince of a town called Bel-Air. In West Philadelphia born and raised on the playground where I spent most of my days, chilling out, maxing relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said ‘You’re moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.’ I begged and I pleaded with her the other day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kissing and she gave me my ticket I put my walkman on and said ‘I might as well kick it.’ First class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what people in Bel-Air are living like? Hmmm, this might be alright! I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said ‘Fresh’ and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought now forget it ‘Yo home for Bel-Air.” I pulled up to the house around seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby “Yo home smell you later.” Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.
*This Space For Rent*
That's awesome, I wish I could do something like that
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
^Thank you. I titled it "Tragic Life On The Wild Side" in case anyone was wondering. More comments por favor?
*This Space For Rent*
Quote by metal_til_im_60
Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for

It all started around 2 years ago for me. I fell into a bad crowd, and everything seemed to spiral downward after that. Gang fights, violence, theft, crime, even drugs were a regular part of my life. My old school was terrible, and I couldn’t wait to flee from there, and fast. See, the day before I got into a little “scuffle” with a big-time, dangerous, gang, and now they were furious with me. I skipped school the day after and went to a “friend’s” house. Turns out my friend was a backstabbing jerk though, he ratted me out, and they came after me. There must have been about 20 people, some armed with knives. They were pretty hardcore too, most of them 6 foot 8, weighed about a ton. A few of them were armed with blades, maybe even a gat or two, but I didn’t stay long enough to see. I bolted out of the backdoor and didn’t look back until I had run about a hundred miles. I stopped when I’d gone about a mile into the woods, and reached a clearing. I was dead-tired. My legs felt like they were tearing apart, my knees felt like basketballs, I felt like my lungs were made of iron. I caught my breath for a little bit, and finally noticed my surroundings. I was in the middle of a clearing, the ground was soft, and shaded by the surrounding trees. A cool breeze was blowing, everything felt very tranquil and calm. I sat down, the grass felt springy and light. I needed to clear my head, plan out my next actions carefully. After much careful consideration, I decided what I needed to do. I found a comfortable spot under a tree, and fell fast asleep. I woke up a couple of hours later. I checked my watch and noticed it was 4:00 in the morning. This worked well for me. I made my way back to my house, and arrived around 4:45. I crept into the house like a thief where I awoke my mom, who had fallen asleep at the kitchen table. I could tell she had been losing her mind worrying about me. Finally, I calmed her down and explained what happened. Obviously she flipped and told me I was going to move out to California to live with my uncle and aunt. I had to hide out for a few days in my house like a refugee though before I could get a flight. At last the day came. I got my suitcase, and took a taxi to the airport. The flight was great. I jammed some music most of the way. Anyways, I made it off the plane and out of the airport. I caught a cab and gave him the address to my new home. The cab driver asked me what brought me to California so I told him. “Well this is a story all about how, my life got twisted, turned upside down, and I’d like to take a minute just sit right there. I’ll tell you how a became the prince of a town called Bel-Air. In West Philadelphia born and raised on the playground where I spent most of my days, chilling out, maxing relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said ‘You’re moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.’ I begged and I pleaded with her the other day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kissing and she gave me my ticket I put my walkman on and said ‘I might as well kick it.’ First class, yo this is bad, drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass. Is this what people in Bel-Air are living like? Hmmm, this might be alright! I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said ‘Fresh’ and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought now forget it ‘Yo home for Bel-Air.” I pulled up to the house around seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby “Yo home smell you later.” Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

that isn't how bel airing works...
definitely do it.

EDIT: apparently you already did. now i just need to read it.

EDIT 2: i read it. pretty good.
Last edited by daytripper75 at Sep 19, 2007,
Page 1 of 2