Page 1 of 2
felt that a particular artist was like....a part of your life? I don't really know how to explain this but I have been listening to Elliott Smith for a year or so and I feel like this guy is like a part of my soul. Its not the fact that hes a good musician and I like him. I like the beatles, the who, etc. but i feel like I have grown emotionally attached to Elliott Smith's music, it is something I have never felt before. It's a particular passion that I cannot explain. Is this something normal?

EDIT: by the way, does anyone know where his grave is? I would like to see it......
I know exactly what you mean. It's weird - Jonathan Kreisberg's music (his original compositions, at least) hit me on such a personal level and I don't really know why.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Yea i gotcha, well kinda at least, Corey Smith, alothough im sure not alot of you have heard or him. Hes a country singer that sings amazing songs about having good times and being a retarted kid down in georgia. And thats exactly what i am, and i love every minute of it.
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Yes.
Bright Eyes has that effect on me.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

Pete Townshend's writing specifically kinda owned me for a while...

I broke free but then the Beatles reined me in
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by xFeatherx
Yes.
Bright Eyes has that effect on me.

+! this is gonna make me seem totally emo but brandnew has that effect on me too
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Yeah, same here. As a matter of fact, the bands that I really like seems to say what I think, which is pretty much why I like them. They lyrically describe what I think better than I can describe it myself. And then if they have killer instrumental accompaniment, then that just makes them that much better.
Yeah, like sometimes i feel as if i know stephan jenkins or like we are old friends. so basically if i were to see him it would amaze me, but it would be so casual to me as if i already knew him for so long and he would be like wtf i dont know you then probably judo chop me dead
The Unseen!!!

hahaha, i know Mark personally so yeah, hes part of me.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
im the exact same way. ive been listening to Nirvana for 2 years. i feel like i know Kurt Cobain.
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
Nine Inch Nails has had that effect on me.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
felt that a particular artist was like....a part of your life? I don't really know how to explain this but I have been listening to Elliott Smith for a year or so and I feel like this guy is like a part of my soul. Its not the fact that hes a good musician and I like him. I like the beatles, the who, etc. but i feel like I have grown emotionally attached to Elliott Smith's music, it is something I have never felt before. It's a particular passion that I cannot explain. Is this something normal?

EDIT: by the way, does anyone know where his grave is? I would like to see it......

You are one step away from stalking.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
ive been worshipping Megadeth and Dave Mustaine like a god since i was 9. yes i too know what extream obsession with bands is like lol.
Lets all be nice
I'm that way with Porcupine Tree. They can capture just every emotion into one song. Same thing goes for Opeth.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Quote by IncubusMan999
You are one step away from stalking.

Except....

Elliott's dead.

If he wasn't I'd be stalking him.

TS, when I saw the thread topic, I knew you'd say Elliott, and he was the first guy I thought of when I read the topic. His music is like a part of who I am.
Lots of musicians have had that effect to an extent on me, but the main two would be Peter Doherty and Conor Oberst. Oh, and Jeff Buckley.
Their words speak to me, man.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Tricky one!

I guess I'll have to say Reuben, as I've been following them since pretty much day 1, and I always go back to listen to everything they've released.

They're a really nice bunch of guys too!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Yes; Max Collins of Eve 6/BOLD/the Sugi Tap.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Quote by NGD1313
Except....

Elliott's dead.

If he wasn't I'd be stalking him.

TS, when I saw the thread topic, I knew you'd say Elliott, and he was the first guy I thought of when I read the topic. His music is like a part of who I am.

GRAVE ROBBER
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I've got that same feeling with the Velvet Underground.
Quote by Arthur Curry
It's just The Man trying to bring down us negroes.

Quote by Yakult
Just go out in a silk dressing gown and ask them if they've ever been penetrated
Yeah it's Black Sabbath for me, I have been listening to them for my entire life, and it feels like they are a part of me, but I am not worthy
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
All of Maynard's works: Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer.
Opeth
Katatonia

Those are all who I can think of off the top of my head who have really become part of who I am. And it's not that they are just my favourite artists... Because I'm more of a Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Arsis, etc... type of guy. But they've really just found something deeper in me that nothing else can.
as a rock/metal head, youd never expect me to say this band...
Gin Blossoms
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by crazynickman
Pete Townshend's writing specifically kinda owned me for a while...

I broke free but then the Beatles reined me in

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
I'm surprised so many people here relate to bands because of their lyrics... never really been the case for me. The actual "music" is so much more important to me and determines whether I "connect" emotionally or not.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

I'm this exact way about Kurt Cobain
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yes, Hendrix
Rig:
MIM Fender Strat

Vox V847A Wah
Dunlop JH-F1 Fuzz Face
Boss DS-1
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 x2!!!
Boss Passive A/B Box
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss Volume Pedal

Marshall 4203 Artist 30Watt Tube
Epiphone Electar Tube 30
Oh man, I'm exactly the same way with Elliott. It's crazy.
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Tony Iommi is the father I never had.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Randy Rhoads work makes me feel connected to him specailly when i play goodbye to romance on my guitar
Quote by FearTheD
i had sex with abraham lincolns dog at the last supper

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
KurtSlashJimi, you are the most metal man who has started a thread all night

R.I.P.(Rock In Peace)
Randy Rhoads & Dime Bag Darrel
No. I don't define myself by the music I listen to or my hobbies, and to do so is destructive and results in a huge identity crisis later in life.

Define yourself by who you are. Your thoughts, opinions, beliefs, and views are you. I could get my ears and hands chopped off and never play guitar or hear music again, but I'd still be the exact same person.
^ he never asked what bands define you, he just basically asked if theres a band that you feel connected to
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Quote by CowboyUp
No. I don't define myself by the music I listen to or my hobbies, and to do so is destructive and results in a huge identity crisis later in life.

Define yourself by who you are. Your thoughts, opinions, beliefs, and views are you. I could get my ears and hands chopped off and never play guitar or hear music again, but I'd still be the exact same person.

Except deaf and unable to do many things...
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Page 1 of 2