Why don't we create a Modern Rock Facts Archive? A place you can just come on and say, "Hey did you know that ..." and say a fact or facts about a band, a record, a person in Modern Rock. It doesn't matter just say something, even if you think that everyone already knows that, type it. I'll start. Faith No More Guitarist Jim Martin grew the Largest Pumpkin in California.
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Last edited by FrenchyFungus at Sep 21, 2007,
The cover of Rage Against The Machine's first album is a real picture of a monk burning himself to death in protest, in a busy street, in 1963.
...Life Sucks Then You Die...
^ Yeah there we go come on people tells us what you know. Did you know that Layne Staley, was found dead in his Condo 2 weeks after he had died, and that they only found out by looking at his bank account and finding no money missing.
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Sep 19, 2007,
Mike Einziger of Incubus paid for their first demo to be published out of his own pocket.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Did you know that Tool's 'Lateralus' is actually about lasagna?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
did you know that Tool's die eyer von satan is actually a cookie recipe in german?
Did you know that early on in their career, Incubus was kicked out of a club because Jose knocked over his drum kit during a little vocal break in the song.
Did you know that Les Claypool tried out for Metallica and of course didnt make it, but James and Lars later said that he was "too good" and too out there for Metallica.
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92
^ Yeah there we go come on people tells us what you know. Did you know that Layne Staley, was found dead in his Condo 2 weeks after he had died, and that they only found out by looking at his bank account and finding no money missing.

and they predict he died an april 5th 2002, the 8th aniversery of kurt's suicide
The cover of Rage Against The Machine's second album is a real picture that someone drew.
- Contrary to popular belief, Red Hot Chili Peppers' song Around The World was recorded on a Fender Jaguar, not a Strat.
- John Frusciante auditioned for Frank Zappa, but "chickened out" at the last minute before joining RHCP.
- Mike Einziger of Incubus is Jewish.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
- Contrary to popular belief, Red Hot Chili Peppers' song Around The World was recorded on a Fender Jaguar, not a Strat.
- John Frusciante auditioned for Frank Zappa, but "chickened out" at the last minute before joining RHCP.
- Mike Einziger of Incubus is Jewish.

Dude one at a time read the rules, now your just taking that fun out of it, I'll let this one slide. Did you know ( which this is one of those everyone knows) that Kim Thayil had his couch brought in to the studio because he didnt feel comfortable in the studio, but he said he always felt comfortable on his couch.
Roll Tide
^Yeah, John Frusciante wanted girls and drugs, but Zappa wouldn't allow illegal drugs to be taken.
...Life Sucks Then You Die...
Did you know that i just found out today that the carseat behind the 'shotgun' seat is called the Kurt Kobain?
Quote by Shaggy92
Why don't we create a Modern Rock Facts Archive? A place you can just come on and say, "Hey did you know that ..." and say a fact about a band, a record, a person in Modern Rock. It doesn't matter just say something, even if you think that everyone already knows that, type it. I'll start. Faith No More Guitarist Jim Martin grew the Largest Pumpkin in California.

Quote by Shaggy92
Dude one at a time read the rules, now your just taking that fun out of it, I'll let this one slide. Did you know ( which this is one of those everyone knows) that Kim Thayil had his couch brought in to the studio because he didnt feel comfortable in the studio, but he said he always felt comfortable on his couch.

It doesn't say that.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well, he did say "fact" instead of "facts", but why does it matter?

Did you know that AiC's Jar of flies album is the first and only EP to ever debut at number one?
LOL
Did you know Dave Grohl is the only musician to have placed #1 on the billboard top 100 modern rock charts with 3 different bands. He also is the only musician to have replaced himself in two consecutive weeks. (QOTSA replaced Nirvana)
Did you know that AiC's Jar of flies album is the first and only EP to ever debut at number one?

It's not the only EP anymore. Jay Z and Linkin Park's Collosion Course EP went to number 1 in 2004.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by Megalomaniac16
Did you know Dave Grohl is the only musician to have placed #1 on the billboard top 100 modern rock charts with 3 different bands. He also is the only musician to have replaced himself in two consecutive weeks. (QOTSA replaced Nirvana)

theres only 40 spaces on that chart and it was All My Life by Foo Fighters That Replaced You Know Your Right By Nirvana

speaking of that, did you know the only songs to ever debut at #1 on the billboard modern rock tracks are

Whats The Frequency Kenneth by REM
Dani California by RHCP
and What Ive Done By Linkin Park

and i seriously pissed myself at the Jay-Z sucks thing dude
well if you wanna get all technical like,

the REM song is called Whats the frequency Kenneth?, not Whats the frequency Kenneth

jeez get it right. (joking, no hostility, everyone is cool)
Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog was the first time Eddie Vedder was on record, or ever heard
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92

Actually, his mom and sister had both been trying to contact him for awhile at the time. Also, the neighbors...
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Shaggy92
Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog was the first time Eddie Vedder was on record, or ever heard

It was also Mike's first time on record. I think Reach Down was his first solo on record.. It was all one take, and by the end of it, his headphones weren't even on his head anymore.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Megalomaniac16
Did you know that Brandon and Mike of Incubus have brothers who were both in the band Audiovent?

did you know Dirty Sexy Knights in Paris is a ****in awesome cd and if they wouldve stayed together they wouldve mad made a ****in masterpiece
Yes, I did know that.

Did you know that Brandon's brother is now gone, and the remaining crumbs of that band are now known as Agent Sparks?
Did you know that Brandon Boyd and Milke Einziger entered an MTV surf competition and lost to Ashlee Simpson?

Bloody MTV...
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
Did you know Mike Patton voiced the mysterious force, 'The Darkness', in the Ps3/Xbox 360 game The Darkness?
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Jeff Buckley was listening to Led Zeppelin when we went for the swim that killed him.

This thread is getting quite morbid
David Silveria from Korn and Jay Gordon from Orgy both did modeling for a jean ad and that made Slipknot hate korn for a little while ........the bad blood has cleared
Dave Grohl got a piano for his birthday and he learnt how to play by his friend showing him the middle C on it, thats why he plays the piano on ESPG.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Did you know that Mick Jagger discovered Living Colour after he watched them play at C.B.G.B.'s
Roll Tide
David from korn (currently on hiatus) and Liam Gallagher from oasis were born on the exact same day of the same year