On an Acer Aspire Laptop they come with eNet Management.

When I close the laptop putting it in sleep mode and open it later on the wireless just wont connect unless I restart..

Also the profile keeps defaulting to "Auto" instead of the "Home" one I made.
Any ways on changing that.

One last thing...the quick launch buttons on the laptop (upper left side of the keyboard...)
There is a way to change the function of these keys because I did it once but I cant figure out how to do it again and when calling Acer they told me to go though the vista help files which I did and it turned up nothing.

This laptop is the Aspire 5570Z
Quote by moody07747
When I close the laptop putting it in sleep mode and open it later on the wireless just wont connect unless I restart...

OK, the rest I can't help you with, but I had a problem with this on my HP laptop.

It sounds silly, but do you have anything in the CD drive? I'm not entirely clear on why that makes such a big difference. When I had the Norton disc in my CD drive, it would require a restart, then ask whether I wanted to boot from the hard disc or floppy. I removed it, and both problems went away.

Just an idea. I'm not enough of a techie to be of any real assistance.
Quote by chipsahoy
You don't like the smell of some other guy's poop? Hmmm...smells like home to me.
nope and its set to boot off the HD anyways..

reason I'm asking here is because I know ive heard someone here say they had this laptop.

another thing i should add is that the internet, although getting good signal at 80% will randomly cut out for a few seconds and lock back on...it doesn't happen often but it still does.

Acer makes some great laptops but a find it strange that this model is not listed on their web page...
I should call them again tomorrow
ive got an aspire 3000, for the quick launch buttons go to start,programs,launch manager....thats what it is for mine anyway
Ibanez SZ320
Michael Kelly Patriot Supreme
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Acoustic
Pod X3
i added my music to windows media player and then added that to the quick lanch
Ibanez SZ320
Michael Kelly Patriot Supreme
Simon and Patrick Songsmith Acoustic
Pod X3
I do have that on..it just won't default to my profile and sometimes it will cut out for a few seconds.
Also it just wont lock on after its waken up from sleep mode....even though the wireless is turned on.

I'm starting to wonder if its a problem in which I should just contact Acer on and have them send me a new one while I still can...
I believe the hardware in them is great....I wish I could say the same about some of the software they use with their products.

mine only came with an upgrade vista disk so I have to find a new copy of XP before I can reformat the darn thing....using the update disk only reinstalls the crap software....like a default.
so nope I have not even gotten to reformatting it and I've been using it for 1.5 weeks now.
I just got off the phone with Acer

They asked if I put in the upgrade disk and I told them yes because I used it thinking it would wipe my drives for a reformat....nope.
they told me it messes with the wireless and are sending me some recovery disks today via Fedex
I've got an Acer laptop.

My disk drive has stopped working for what appears to be absolutely no reason.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

JamieB omg me too!

How long have you had it and what do you mean by 'not working'? Like, doesn't read anything at all? or won't even open?
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
JamieB omg me too!

How long have you had it and what do you mean by 'not working'? Like, doesn't read anything at all? or won't even open?

Had it less than a year (so it should still be under warranty) - it just won't read a thing. It opens and whatnot, then when I close it it whirs for a bit, but doesn't read anything.

I tried restarting with no luck, think I might try a system restore for a couple of days back.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Oh. I've had mine just over a year so my warranty's no good. It won't read files off burnt discs...

Mine won't read any.

It wouldn't read a blank disc for me to burn to, and it wouldn't read my Madness CD