hey,
our band is about to record a new single and i have some questions on two different pedal types
first of all

which pedal is better for more like a top 40/punk sound? Boss Ds-1 or Ds-2
Ive played the ds-1 and loved it but i listened to a clip of a ds-2 and fond it to be a little more crunchy. I play alot of powerchords, octaves( usually use amp od though) and palm muting. But i want something that i wouldn't be afraid to play metal on or older softer rock. I dont mind paying the extra 50 bucks for the ds-2 if its better and can be set to sound similar to a ds-1 if the need came. I currently out a ibanez ds-7 smashbox and need something more crnchy for powerchords and palmmuting and overall a more punky sound.

Second
Our bassist just quit and moved and im looking for a cheap ($50-100CAN) octave pedal that would be able to make a bass sound from an electric guitar, just for recording until we can find another bassist.

Thank you soo much
Quote by thebroken
No, but one time satan came out of my air vent and started playing death metal. That, or I should stop drinking.
Quote by ShredGod George
tell a doctor, the pit'll have you putting icyhot on your penis before the nights over
1. go for a boss DS-1. i have 1 and it works for any type of music depending on your amp.

2. just get a new bassist. guitar with an octave pedal to simulate a bass is terrible. dont waste the money.
Quote by lucas_22
hey,

which pedal is better for more like a top 40/punk sound?

OMFG, It's not like we need another one of those POS bands!!!

Despite what you're playing and the fact you have already earned no respect from being another damn clone, you should get a new amp and ditch that ****ty Frontman you have. You should get a Rocktron Zombie if you want a distortion because it is rectified distortion and it sounds much better.

Oh and you can't replace a band member with a machine. Despite you pop-punk kids thinking other band members are just assets,just get another bassist and record then. Why waste money on a octave pedal if you never use it again after you get a new bassist? I know you won't use it again as well because the music you like is about as innovative as a left testicle.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Sep 19, 2007,
i guess he forgot to read the rules ^ lol
the reason i got a fm100 is because i didn't want to play a amp that i would have to spend all my car money on it and it has the best frickin' clean ive ever heard, and if you noticed im looking for a stupid pedal not advice for music that ive alredy chosen and taht people reconize for. I want people to hear us, because believe it or not, the majority of the people(unlike you) are actually not social outcasts and listen to top 40.
Quote by thebroken
No, but one time satan came out of my air vent and started playing death metal. That, or I should stop drinking.
Quote by ShredGod George
tell a doctor, the pit'll have you putting icyhot on your penis before the nights over
Using an octave pedal to make a guitar sound like a bass never goes well in the studio. Just record the bass yourself! Its the same exact thing, just with two less strings. Just follow the root notes of the song and youll be fine.
Quote by lucas_22
i guess he forgot to read the rules ^ lol
the reason i got a fm100 is because i didn't want to play a amp that i would have to spend all my car money on it and it has the best frickin' clean ive ever heard, and if you noticed im looking for a stupid pedal not advice for music that ive alredy chosen and taht people reconize for. I want people to hear us, because believe it or not, the majority of the people(unlike you) are actually not social outcasts and listen to top 40.

Dude, I have been here for a while. I know, understand and respect the rules. Don't automatically deduce that I am unfamiliar with the rules of the forums because I have freedom of speech and choose to speak out about the astounding sheep-like qualities and unnecessary existence of mindless clones like you. It is perfectly legit, I never said anything personally derogatory or threatening or in the slightest, violent.

If a Frontman is the greatest cleans you have ever heard, you must have little to no knowledge on amplifiers because the Frontmen that I have played have been the epitome of awfulness.

I clearly stated that you do not require an octave pedal. The thought of using a machine to do the work of another band member is appalling and egotistic.

Oh and while Top 40 music is appreciated by pea-brained pre-pubescent semi-teenagers, most people around the ages of 17-21 look beyond the realm of the watered-down, commercially driven, overproduced garbage that the modern popular music industry churns out.

Also, have you noticed that the most popular of all this ****, most of all, is emo, a genre modeled on being a social outcast. Just because I choose to explore music outside of the ****ty, woefully-written, woefully-performed, watered down asshole of the music industry that resides in Top 40, does not govern my social status, knob end. I listen to anything that has aspects of talent and flavour to it, as well as uniqueness, not the clone bands you waste your time bopping your head to.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM