Alright, I am getting a new guitar soon, and I was thinking of either a Paul Reed Smith or a Fender Telecaster. Anyways, I saw this add in Craigs list:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/425300289.html

That seems pretty cheap for such a nice guitar. Would you recommend it for blues, jazz, classic rock (mainly what I play), and a little hard rock ("crazy train" type stuff is the heaviest I go).

Would a tele be better?

Is there another brand/model I should check out before taking the leap with the PRS?
Thanks!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Sep 19, 2007,
Well, PRS are definitely much more expensive guitars, and in my opinion, a tad bit more high end then Fenders.

You could get off with the argument that either guitar is good for rock. I would go with the PRS however, because it's a much more powerful guitar when I've played it, over the Fender Telecaster.

That's just my experience though.
Get off my lawn.
Get the PRS now because it is such a good deal, then save up for that tele!

I've played both, and the combo would make for one deadly arsenal.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I would go with the PRS... they look more expensive, feel more expensive, and will probably suite you needs equally as the fender. It just comes down to whatever you want.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
the only reason I'd be hesitant about the PRS is because I was hoping to buy a guitar from GC (so I could work on haggling, and then sell my old guitar and old amp to them as well, which would lower the price drastically). Also, I would rather have the soapbar II maple, but it's no big deal. the regular soapbar II is fine, just not as pretty

But do you think I would get an overall better deal from haggling a soapbar II at GC, then selling my old guitar and amp to them as I buy it? I bet if I found a nice employee eager to make a sale at the end of the month, I'd get a great deal. Also, I might buy a pedal or two at the same time, making the employee even more eager about giving me a good deal. I could even do it the day after thanksgiving or something for better deals.
Thoughts on this, or do you think this craigslist add is better?
By the way, thanks for the help!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Sep 19, 2007,
The price is just okay, not great. It's a $500 guitar. Were it not for the case you could probably find a used one for $300.
for $380 that must the the se's

either way its still a solid buy
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Ask for better photos. Oh, and in case you're anal about these things, he appears to have switched the knobs on it.
I have a Soapbar II and I cant fault it, your getting plenty of quality guitar for the money and the soapbar pups sound great, oh and of course it looks like pure sex!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)