Hello everybody, I was just wondering if there are any other movable scales besides the blues scale, especially in the rockabilly, punk, and ska genres of music. But any movable scales would be appreciated. Also, what are the primary scales in rockabilly... is it the minor pentatonic?
Really? I mean that it retains the same pattern on the frets: a shape I can just memorize?
Yes all scales are movable and you can move their shape up and down the neck without altering the fingerings. Ofcourse there a multiple ways of playing the desired scale, you could play it in its box form or if you need to move somewhere else on the neck you can play it diagonally. Ofcouse the shape will not be the same if you need to move the scale from the 6th string to the 5th or 4th due to the tuning of the guitar but its easy enough to figure out those shapes.
They're all movable. The root note moves, and then you just play it from there.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by hurbz
Hello everybody, I was just wondering if there are any other movable scales besides the blues scale, especially in the rockabilly, punk, and ska genres of music. But any movable scales would be appreciated. Also, what are the primary scales in rockabilly... is it the minor pentatonic?

You need to go back to the beginning on this to understand it properly...learn the notes on the fretboard and learn the major scale. That will give you the necessary theory groundwork to make sense of everything else. Like you've been told, every scale is "movable" in that it can change key, however also bear in mind that a scale exists across the whole fretboard...any "boxes" you've learned are just parts of the scale.

And as far as rockabilly goes, major pentatonic is always good.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
look up a simple minor pentatonic scale. there are five shapes or boxes in the pentatonic scale. I personally think the first one is easiest to learn.