just bought an amp today off of craigslist. i've never really been too impressed with the 2000 series, but as my b-52/g-flex and fender hrd are 3000 miles away at home, the deluxe reverb i use at the jazz club stays in the jazz club, i've got an mg10 in my apartment, and this seller was asking $350, i couldn't pass it up. i'll probably replace the speaker and change the tubes (though they have virtually no hours on them), as well as buy an eq solely for the amp. and use of one of my ts's to tighten up the distortion. and if i don't get a tone i like out of it, i can sell it (probably for more than i bought it).
now presenting my new $350 dsl 401!

Holy crap! Awesome deal!

Man, if you were in Hawaii, we should jam!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
haha totally. i'd love to mess around on your rocker. maybe xmas break or sometime in the future!

and how do you think the ocd would sound in front of the dsl? the main problem i have with it is the distortion is a bit tinny and crunchy -- far less tight and ballsy as i'd like. i was already thinking about an ocd or a timmy, and i don't know which would help my tone more. then again, i only played with the dsl for a few hours thus far, so i shouldn't really be jumping the gun so much...
... I came ...

$350??? christ... Who the hell sells a dls 401 for 350?

And I thought I got a good deal buying a new tiny terror for $490
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
very nice!! a great amp snaked at an insane deal.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
... I came ...

You did!

Although here in the UK you can find TT's for £240 ($480). Yum.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
... I came ...

that's a great deal, man. i'd love a tt. i was actually looking for one as something to use up here in college when i stumbled across the dsl.

Quote by The_0thersid3
TS i noticed you had both kinds of tube screamer, what are your opinions on both?

nice amp btw! I have the same one!

haha thanks! well my ts9 is a pre-2002 reissue that still uses the maxon circuit board (though not the jrc4558d chip, unfortunately). and...well, to me, it actually sounds pretty good. not quite as creamy and provides a bit less gain than the ts808 reissue, but very close, it's nice and smooth. though i'm thinking about selling one, or both.
yeah, that's good value, especially in the US. if nothing else, you could more than likely sell it on for profit if you don't like it.

Nice score!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
very nice deal, cool pedals too. I love me some overdrives.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids