As the title says, i am after a guitar with 24 fretts and a floyd rose style bridge for under US$400. I have been heavly considering the Ibanez RG 370, is this a good guitar? What would be the best guitar i can get for this money that suits my needs?

Thanks
I suppose an RG350MDX/DX/EX, the letters just pertain to neck type and body color. Although I hate the Edge III, it's probably the best in your price range. I'd suggest buying an OFR and putting in the RG350, but that would be a bit out of your budget.

If I were you, I would try and save up $500 more for a Prestige Ibanez (god I've typed this so many times), but realistically, taking into account your budget, the RG350 would be good.
what does everyone hate about edge III's???
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Quote by i_am_ironman
what does everyone hate about edge III's???

Short life-span, near crap tuning stability (anyone who says that it stays in tune great must either a) be lying or b) not use the trem), and it's made of inferior material.
check ebay bro, i found an awesome les paul custom with a whammy for like 750, im sure you can find some awesome stuff for alot cheaper
the edge IIIs literally feeling like the metal is bending/caving when you go instense with the whammy

the kramer striker is a pretty decent guitar for under $400 that has 24 frets and a floyd rose. you may wanna check it out
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
hmm well if the Edge pro is crap, i guess i should save up a bit more, whats the cheapest decent guitar i can get that would meet my needs? an Ibanez Prestige RG?
100$ more and you can hunt down a vintage Kramer Baretta.

It has 22 frets, though. BUT! It has an OFR and a Seymour Duncan JB. Stock.

EDIT:

Avoid Ibanez guitars. Really, I ought to but it in my sig. They make decent guitars, but that's all.

EDIT2:

Ebay links are frowned upon, but I'm gonna help you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Baretta-I-Mid-1980s_W0QQitemZ130155071368QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41438QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, not sure if a real Baretta II, but probably it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/original-1985-kramer-baretta-not-the-re-issue-model_W0QQitemZ300151901558QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Last edited by binjajer at Sep 19, 2007,
Unfortunately I am in Australia, so cant go second hand, as aussie ebay doesnt have too many guitars on it.

So you reckon even the Edge Pro on the more expensive Ibanez's isnt much good?
the edge pro is a good one i think its just the edge II,III, and low pro if i remember correctly
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Quote by FRDesign
WTF, The Edge Pro is awesome.

Well it could stand to be more awesome, what with the lack of locking studs and all.
ooh

i also forgot to mention the hamer californian is another decent guitar with a floyd rose for under $400. i cant remember if it has 24 frets though
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
Well it could stand to be more awesome, what with the lack of locking studs and all.
Which is often easier done than said, since the EP studs are interchangeable with Edge or LoPro studs. Mix-n-match all you want.

Speaking of, OFR doesn't have any locking studs, but you never hear anyone complain...
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by e32lover
Unfortunately I am in Australia, so cant go second hand, as aussie ebay doesnt have too many guitars on it.

So you reckon even the Edge Pro on the more expensive Ibanez's isnt much good?

Can't go second hand....... In WA we have a magazine called the quokka similer to readersmart but far better and last week i got a SG G400 with a hardcase for $350 so you should be able to find something pretty good for like $530 auz or whatever 400 american comes to.
used RG570 is under your pricerange.

Also edge pro certainly does have locking studs. They're just infront of the fine tuners instead of behind them (lo profile design)
Quote by Ibanez20th
used RG570 is under your pricerange.

Also edge pro certainly does have locking studs. They're just infront of the fine tuners instead of behind them (lo profile design)

No they are talking about locking studs on the trem posts, you know the thing the trem sits up against.

Lock studs can be put on edge pro guitars and OFRs don't have them ever.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
No they are talking about locking studs on the trem posts, you know the thing the trem sits up against.

Lock studs can be put on edge pro guitars and OFRs don't have them ever.

Alright, I've heard about this every once in a while, but I've never had it illustrated, and Google isn't bringing up anything really helpful, so if someone would indulge me...

Now, explain it to me like I was three years old- what makes locking studs better for tuning stability?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Alright, I've heard about this every once in a while, but I've never had it illustrated, and Google isn't bringing up anything really helpful, so if someone would indulge me...

Now, explain it to me like I was three years old- what makes locking studs better for tuning stability?

On a normal FR, you put a key into the stud (one of the two poles the trem rests against) and turn it to change the height of the bridge. Once the height of the bridge is changed, you better tune your guitar, since the tuning will be off. The problem is that the stud can move without a key under all sorts of conditions, thus throwing you a bit off tune.

On an Edge or LoPro trem, you have to unlock the stud before you can turn it, with a smaller allen key inserted into the stud. Once unlocked, you can adjust the height, then lock it again, and it'll never ever move anywhere unless you want it to. So Edge or LoPro will never go out of tune due to accidental stud rotation.

I think the Gotoh FR bridges also have locking studs.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
if you dont bolt-on necks, then esp is the way to go

thats just me, but you might wanna try em out, the MH-50 is a really cheap shot, the m100 is kinda the same, but the MH 100 is really good for the price