Page 1 of 3
and i dont know what to play xD

its going to hapen like this... hell play a riff il play a riff and evreyone in the room decides whos better.

i can play enter sandman, wherever i may roam, tears dont fall argh tonnes more but i just cant think of right now anyways

and the songs i know he can play are enter sandman, joker and the theif and about a million other riffs

i just need some suggestions on what to play

Why don't you write something? I mean that should impress someone more than going onto UG and looking at tabs. :\
666 BRO
Quote by Deliriumbassist
improv, foo'.

+ 1
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
I'm gonna suggestion slither by velvet revolver. I cool, not hard at all and sounds awesome.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by Kankuro
Why don't you write something? I mean that should impress someone more than going onto UG and looking at tabs. :\

im gonna do that but i just wont something people will recognize
Dude, if he plays a riff and you rip out a solo you should win on technical merit for sure.

Unless he's some crazy free jazz/technical death metal ****er.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
^ Yeah, but he has to hit all the Pinch Harmonics, and attempt some of the solo.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
^ Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria then.

alright thnx

also any realy heavy yet simple song would be good to
Dude I think there's a unwritten law that states that a perfect Stairway to Heaven solo wins any Rock-off, I'd go for it if I was in you place.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by MadassAlex
Dude, if he plays a riff and you rip out a solo you should win on technical merit for sure.

Unless he's some crazy free jazz/technical death metal ****er.

suggest a solo?
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
Dude I think there's a unwritten law that states that a perfect Stairway to Heaven solo wins any Rock-off, I'd go for it if I was in you place.

you heard wrong. Playing ANY part of stairway to heaven in a rock off = fail, and death to your family.
WELCOME HOME FTW.

Or if you really want to blow smoke up his ass, Eruption by Van Halen.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
just curious, how exactly did you come to be challenged to a rock off? sounds highlarious

needless to say, it seems to, most definitely, be on
no, improvise 1 on the spot, thts wat i wud do

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok

lmao il try to learn it by next week
also, try to learn a bit of midnight by joe satriani, it's really not that hard to play the first part, and the two-handed tapping will blow his mind. great success
Quote by Deliriumbassist
you heard wrong. Playing ANY part of stairway to heaven in a rock off = fail, and death to your family.

Got to remember that the next time I'm in a Rock-off

You could try the Symphony of Destruction solo, It took me 4 days to learn and a week to perfect, but man it really opens some jaws when I play it
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
the MOST important part of a rock-off is to put your rock on.

so you can ROCK ON!!!!! *throws horns and shouts "freebiiiiiiiird!"*
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
cemetary gates by pantera is easy to learn (well, bar the solo depending on how good you are) & sounds awsome
Quote by peterm85
cemetary gates by pantera is easy to learn (well, bar the solo depending on how good you are) & sounds awsome

+1, and don't forget to get this rock-off on video and share once it's over PLEASE....youtube NEEDS good stuff like this

dimebag and EVH have the best riffs afaik....dare I say in that order of awesomeness?
Quote by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
Quote by irishman
just curious, how exactly did you come to be challenged to a rock off? sounds highlarious

needless to say, it seems to, most definitely, be on

indeed it is on

aslo isnt eruption suposed to being painfully hard? or are my freinds just guitar noobs
Some Tenacious D?

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
Quote by samlocke14
play the first few riffs from constant motion by dream theater. that will get the wow factor

Yes. That or if you had a seven string, do The Dark Eternal Night by DT. That would cause the women in the audience to want to make love to you as well as winning the rock-off.

If your feeling really crazy, try Night of the Slunk or Nottingham Lace by Buckethead.
Quote by Final !mpact
indeed it is on

aslo isnt eruption suposed to being painfully hard? or are my freinds just guitar noobs

well, its not something thats easy to replicate note- for note, (those pentatonic licks in the begining) since its quite off the cuff. But its not hard to get the overall feel and speed of the licks if you've become quite used to the ol pentatonic. the other parts of the song arnt hard either. the tappings the easiest bit.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
yea improv it! and like add good tasty stuff, like enter sandman riffs, then to like voodoo child riff, then to like far beyond the sun

or like play with your teeth, spin ur guitar around ur neck, and pull out a power drill

these things at the end of the day depends on who's cooler lol, its not like the crowd knows anything
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Windwaker
If your feeling really crazy, try Night of the Slunk or Nottingham Lace by Buckethead.

If he played Nottingham Lace, "I" would want to to make love to him
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Quote by Hart_Attack
You know where I come from, the only thing you can do in a rock-off is scissors, paper or rock.

But don't just play some slow riff like enter sandman, play something on high strings, high up the neck. Anything above the 12th fret on the b string makes non guitarists think you're awesome. Or try some tapping, easy to learn but sounds and looks impressive
don't kill me please but no more tears solo rocks, even though i don't like zakk very much
Quote by Moggan13
*Kicks down door*
WHO SAID RAMBO 3!!???
dont play anything..... grow up
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Take The Veil Cerpin Taxt...

Pretty nifty guitar work, should make him fall to his knees and realise he's not worthy!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Do Beelzeboss, its freakin awesome. Just the devils bit after the rock off has been accepted. "CHECK THIS RIFF ITS FREAKIN TASTY!" Do well, son, go forth and play chords! *Fades into distance*
uhhh a mad ass blues solo.... aduh

even if its just a rulage little lick that goes for like 5 seconds u still pwnzor with it.
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Page 1 of 3