I am really considering the Koa Tele since I can't afford some of my top choices at the moment and I need something for my college course asap. I really need to know if this guitar is suitable for me, I play some country style rhythms on clean, mild overdrive/distortion at times but also some prog rock kind of stuff with an Echo pedal and Wah etc. Any suggestions?
Sounds exactly what you are looking for, beautiful to play and look at.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
It is lovely and I generally prefer a the Tele to a Strat, dunno why. I have given it try and it was lovely, the SD pickups really improve the sound, price is right too.
Yep Teles were built for country so no problems there, a bluesy distortion always sounds good through single coils IMO... even better through a nice tube amp. And it should do prog rock with the aid of pedals.

And defiantly Teles > Strats
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Matt Bellamy has one of those right?

He probably owns one but they arent what he uses live, look up manson
Quote by RedFez64
He probably owns one but they arent what he uses live, look up manson

He used Teles before he made Manson his guitar bitch.
Quote by Sharly
Yep Teles were built for country so no problems there, a bluesy distortion always sounds good through single coils IMO... even better through a nice tube amp. And it should do prog rock with the aid of pedals.

And defiantly Teles > Strats

Could never get away with Srats, they don't have that resonance of a Tele but all to their own.