hey im jus wondering what distortion pedals slash uses or how does he get such a good distortion sound?my gear is listed below
1997 Gibson les paul standard
fender jag-stang
1985 ibanez pro line series
marshall tsl 60
danelectro free speech talkbox
boss me-50
boss ac2 acoustic simulator
boss ds1
boss chorus ensemble
boss mt2 metal zone
dunlop orginal wah
He just uses the distortion on his amp. He uses little effects, maybe a compressor and an equalization pedal.
jus the amp distortion? damn
fender jag-stang
marshall tsl 60
boss me-50
boss ds1
boss chorus ensemble
boss mt2 metal zone
dunlop orginal wah
just get a hot rodded JCM800!!

EDIT:

Your TSL should be able to get near enough to slash's tone
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
maybe you could get the dist with his sig wah, it has dist in it too
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
You have a pretty decent marshal amp, you should be able to get a pretty close sound to slash.
fender jag-stang
marshall tsl 60
boss me-50
boss ds1
boss chorus ensemble
boss mt2 metal zone
dunlop orginal wah
Quote by furlong2669

Furlong, you jackass!! Most people on here are hoping to achieve Slash's tone using an MG and a DS-1. You have a TSL and a bunch of pedals!!!! I am officially jealous.
haha thanks
fender jag-stang
marshall tsl 60
boss me-50
boss ds1
boss chorus ensemble
boss mt2 metal zone
dunlop orginal wah
Amp on OD1 channel, treble at aroud 3/4, midrange pretty much full, bass around 1/4-1/2. Volume as loud as you can go, gain around halfway, Ds1 unplugged, me50 unplugged, chorus unplugged, metal zone thrown out of a window.

Neck pickup, tone rolled off around halfway, solo away....you might even manage it on the clean channel with volume and gain up full.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
From Slash's Fan Site:

SLASH is known for Gibson guitars and Marshall amps. Just as there is a Gibson signature guitar for SLASH, there is also a SLASH signature amp. At the end of 1998, the SLASH signature guitar was selling from $1800 to $3500 (case included), and the SLASH amp for under $900 (includes "snakeskin" cover). The SLASH amp was only manufactured in 1996, so it is not always easy to locate. For live appearances, the JCM SLASH Marshalls are used for a dirty sound. For the dirty tone, the SLASH recommended settings are: Presence: 7, Bass: 7, Mid: 4.5, Treble: 7, Output Master: 6, Lead Master: 10, Input Gain: 6.5. The JCM SLASH Marshalls are used for a clean sound, too, when modified with KT88 output tubes. The SLASH Marshall should be tuned this way for the clean tone (SLASH recommendations): Presence: 0, Bass: 9, Mid: 3, Treble: 5 1/2, Output Master: 10, Lead Master: 0, Input Gain: 4. The 2555 Silver Jubilee at 50 watts is used for the Heil Talk box. All tubes are groove tubes.
well heres your answer. its slash that how. also he puts alot of money into getting his guitar like that
"how can I sound like Jimi Hendrix... I have a Fender Frontman 15..." Geez Wally - wouldn't it be nice...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by steven seagull
Amp on OD1 channel, treble at aroud 3/4, midrange pretty much full, bass around 1/4-1/2. Volume as loud as you can go, gain around halfway, Ds1 unplugged, me50 unplugged, chorus unplugged, metal zone thrown out of a window.

Neck pickup, tone rolled off around halfway, solo away....you might even manage it on the clean channel with volume and gain up full.

is that right? I thought he scooped his tone a little.
It depends on your gear. There's no set numbers you can list that will give a perfect duplication of Slash's tone for everyone.

General rule of thumb though is pump the bass up, give the mids just a little boost, and treble depends very much on your gear, but there should be no reason to ever put is past 6 anyway, with most stuff you'll want it below 5.
Quote by bokuho
It depends on your gear. There's no set numbers you can list that will give a perfect duplication of Slash's tone for everyone.

unless you play with slashs very own fingers
As everyone says, (on the od channel)
Bass - 7ish
Mids - 7ish
Treb - 4ish (although this can be turned up or down with preference)

Gibson's neck PUP, tone rolled down abit.

That should get you pretty close, everything else from there is just gravy. (fine-tweaking)
you own all that stuff and are asking how to get slashes tone? no offence dude, but come on...

you have well over $3000 in gear...
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
isnt this question answered already?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1