I got quoted from Kurt at Rondo music for $650 for a customized Agile Ghost III. It will have an EMG 81/85 combo, a como paint job, and sawtooth inlays. Do you think that's worth it? Or would I be better off just getting a schecter hellraiser avenger?
Here is what Kurt said to me:
"Ok so you want the Ghost III in Camo - stop tail like now (or floyd)?
With EMG 81/85 if possible and saw tooth inlays.

Stop tail - or bridge through body (no trem - no tail) should be possibly to make for $650 just barely.

I would need a $325 non refundable deposit and it would take 3-4 months"

What do you think? That sounds half-decent to me....
Quote by Ljk825
Get the Schecter. I would never pay $650 for a Agile.

It's being custom-made for him though?

That's pretty cool.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Actually as far as i can see most Agile's with active pickups either have their own brand actives, or authentic EMG's
sounds like a decent deal, what do you currently use?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I thought it sounded good. I can get a string-thru too aparently. nice. But, the neck is maple, not mahogany, and that is my only gripe. In any case, I currently play a junky epiphone les paul through a Roland Cube 60 (sticking solid state for now, no budget for a big tube amp.)
dont do it...get a tube amp first ..i know it sounds dumb, but the amp afects about 80% of your tone so a good gutiar+tube amp= good, bad guitar+ toobs=allright, good gutiar+ss= bad
I say go for it. Sounds better than getting the same exact axe everyone and their grandmother gets.

Roland Cubes aint bad at all.

&&Is the neck bolt on, set-in, or neck-through?
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
It will be a set in neck.

Yeah, I really think I am gonna go for it. Lotsa people have the hellraiser, but this will be pretty unique.