Hey all!! Had a quick search and found nothing so here I am :P

Whats the difference between a standard tele and a mexican tele? Or are they the same guitar?! I looked on Google products and found a standard tele was about £300, and a Mexican about £350-ish. But I'm confused! The guy at my local music shop said he wasn't aware of any other standard teles save for the Mexicans

Can someone clarify?

Thanks!
teles are teh sex
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
So a Mexican is the standard tele? Meaning they're the same thing... strange that there's a £50-60 difference in price though...! Thanks.
A Standard Tele is a Mexican tele.
An American Standard Tele is the USA made one, but since Fender is in Corona, CA they are made by mexicans anyway...so the choice is yours.

SAME GUITAR - I'VE OWNED FIVE
The Standard series guitars are made in Mexico, but not all Mexicans are in the standard series. There's a whole bunch of goodie guitars like the classic series ones and so on. The Standard telecasters are great guitars, though. With upgraded hardware and pickups they can rival an american, provided you found a good one.
Quote by jamesy15
Hey all!! Had a quick search and found nothing so here I am :P

Whats the difference between a standard tele and a mexican tele? Or are they the same guitar?! I looked on Google products and found a standard tele was about £300, and a Mexican about £350-ish. But I'm confused! The guy at my local music shop said he wasn't aware of any other standard teles save for the Mexicans

Can someone clarify?

Thanks!
You say there's a difference in price but I don't think that Fender markets a tele called Mexican Tele.
Quote by jamesy15
So a Mexican is the standard tele? Meaning they're the same thing... strange that there's a £50-60 difference in price though...! Thanks.

What the hell are you on about

Standard Tele = Mexican Tele.

Where did you see a price difference? In fact, where have you ever seen a Fender with the name 'Mexican Tele' ? It's just an easy way to differentiate guitars on UG and in shops, etc.
There would be a price difference between different shops on the street and on the internet, which would be about £50 for a Standard Tele.

And yes they are the same thing MIM = Made In Mexico which is where the Standards are made.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
The standard ones (cheaper) are made in Mexico... The American Standard ones ( more expensive) are made in America, supposedly the american one's have better quality, ETC.... I don't like strats period, so I haven't done a full review on the two.
i played a highway 1 tele 2 days ago and it was awesome. american made but only 666 bucks! weird but yay.
Umm lol ok so heres the deal...No such thing as a "mexican tele" that just means its made in mexico the standard tele ur talkin about is made in USA....which brings me to the weird bit...The mexican made tele CANNOT be more expensive...the USA made are usually around 50$ more expensive...sooo yea..basically theres very minor differences which are the internal components really..pickups and what not remain the same...so yea as someone mentioned...Theyre really the same...
just look at my sig
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by Novical
Umm lol ok so heres the deal...No such thing as a "mexican tele" that just means its made in mexico the standard tele ur talkin about is made in USA....which brings me to the weird bit...The mexican made tele CANNOT be more expensive...the USA made are usually around 50$ more expensive...sooo yea..basically theres very minor differences which are the internal components really..pickups and what not remain the same...so yea as someone mentioned...Theyre really the same...
Std Tele's are made in Mexico. American Tele's are made in America. They actually put American in the name. Of course there are other model names. But Std=MIM.