If I wanted to get a custom paint job on a guitar, how possible or feasible would that be? Is it really really expensive? And where is a good place to get it done? I'm picking up a schecter hellraiser avenger, but Am not a fan of the black or the black cherry. Could a change be done?
Yeh it can be done... but it's very likely to be expensive, as the whole guitar would have to be stripped, sanded down and given many, many coats of paint. If you go to the Guitar Customizing/Building forum, there are links to websites which show you how to do it yourself.
Who doesn't like black?

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Do it yourself. Not hard and all you have to pay for it a can a spray paint, providing you want one color.

If you want something sweet like dimes CFH guitar you be easily looking at $100+ though.
Doing it yourself might be a tricky job without the required experience, I wouldn't suggest repainting a whole guitar for the first time... though having it done can cost you up to a total of several hundreds of dollars.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Doing a good job at painting a guitar is hard.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Do it on a crap guitar. If painted up my old guitar with some stripes and crap like that. Just make sure you cover everything up really good, especially the frets.