Right, I'm going to a gig in an hour or so, and my amp's stopped working.. I have no idea whats up with it, it was working like last night.... so I'm really confused...

Its a 60 watt valve combo just so you know...
Ashdown Fallen Angel

theres no light or anything on it...

And yes I DO have the plug in, no smart-ass comments please =]

Thanks in advance
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
hmmmm... well ****.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
check the fuse, if it's blown, replace it with another of the same specs. If it blows again, start looking for someone you can borrow an amp from, because either a tube is shorting, or there are other major problems going on.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I have... well the one in the plug, I took the main part out of the amp & saw lke 5 things that looked like fuses... and they were all fine...

where about would the fuse im looking for be in the amp?
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by Erock503
check the fuse, if it's blown, replace it with another of the same specs. If it blows again, start looking for someone you can borrow an amp from, because either a tube is shorting, or there are other major problems going on.

What he said. It could be worse than a tube failure, so you should probably look to borrow one for tonight.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by FNAFJ
I have... well the one in the plug, I took the main part out of the amp & saw lke 5 things that looked like fuses... and they were all fine...

where about would the fuse im looking for be in the amp?

I was talking about the one at the plug, that's the one that goes usually if you aren't getting any power at all, no indicator lights, etc. Sometimes a fuse can look good, and still be torched though. Try replacing it with the same value fuse if you can, just to rule it out. Like omarrodrigez said, you may want to line up something to borrow for tonight.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Most likely the fuse has gone - not the fuse in the plug, the surge protection fuse that lives in the holder under the amps power cable socket. You should be able to pop it out with a screwdriver and if you're lucky there'll be a spare fuse in the square section. If not, you need to purchase a 250volt T 1.6 amp fuse ...the T is for "time delay" aka slow blow.

It's possible a PCB has fritzed but the fuse is the most likely.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yup, had the same problem once or twice.

Had it a lot more frequently when I unwittingly bought quick blow fuses instead of time delay
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
May sound stupid, I have no real experience with any nice equipment, but have you tried it in a different power socket? I've had my amp die out of nowhere just to find that the actual wall socket died.