Oh yes, it's another gief-halp-plx-thread.

But I'm in serious doubt here.

Both seems nice, and the difference in price is barely noticeable. But the Peavey is, of course, alot sexier.

Which one would YOU choose? And why? And to which genre of music?
Peavey Grind in this case.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
RockBass Streamers are nowhere near as good (in my opinion) as the rest of the RockBass line. They don't feel as high a quality and look a bit cartoony - and those humbuckers sound a bit "meh". I much prefer the RockBass Corvette and I play a RockBass Fortress myself.

The Grind is a nice bass, though. Good rounded sound, smooth neck. If you like to play up the dusty end of the neck, the neck-through construction gives you great high end fret access. It's got features you'd find on much more expensive basses - the solid bridge gives sustain, nice woods, 24 frets, option of five and six strings... even looks good. All it lacks is an active EQ, but then, so does the Streamer.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^also, the body scalloping on the grind really allows for easy popping access. And the woods are nice too.

I was just editing that in! Though I didn't think about the popping thing... even though after checking the internet, that's a major sales point

Edit, though. Anyone played the six string version of the Grind? I've only played the four, and if the six is a good quality... I might start budgeting for one to mess around with.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 19, 2007,