Hello,

I'm gonna buy a new pedal in a few days when i get my new guitar, But i have a hard time finding one. I find something that looks interesting, but then you'll hear 50 % saying it's ****, and the other half says it's awesome. I've found a few pedals in my price range: Zoom 505 2 , Behringer V-amp , Korg AX5G and a few more...

I play stuff like In Flames , Dark Tranquillity, that kind of stuff so i wanna get something that could give me a good tone(Can't afford a 5150, only 15=( )

I have heard alot of samples from the 505 2, Markhunter's In Flames videos on youtube for example, i think he get's a pretty nice tone from he's pedal.

Any suggestions are welcome!

/Juhlin
i have the korg ax1500g and its a realy good multi effects pedal but its not very gd for playing other bands songs apart from led zeppelin and guns n roses and the expresion pedal only works on 11 effects and you cant get it on the others but apart from that its realy realy good
What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Or no, my amp is broken , so I'll probably play through my computer.
I can seriously not recommend Zoom pedals or at least the cheap ones I have a 606 and to be honest it sucks, way too digital.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Better check out the zoom G2 instead, its almost in the same price range as the 505
Havent played the behringer but i can say that the korg suck..

But dont expect good high gain tones from any low end processor..
Last edited by ambush_xx at Sep 19, 2007,
If you can get a Line 6 Toneport or something similar, it'll give you more versatility with recording and what-not.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Juhlin
Hello,

I'm gonna buy a new pedal in a few days when i get my new guitar, But i have a hard time finding one. I find something that looks interesting, but then you'll hear 50 % saying it's ****, and the other half says it's awesome. I've found a few pedals in my price range: Zoom 505 2 , Behringer V-amp , Korg AX5G and a few more...
The Korg AX3G/AX5G are capable of making some great tones cheap but the expression pedal on the AX5G is flawed. It might be useful in recording situations, but it isn't pressure sensitive on the toe switch. When it's toe down it just switches the effect on and off. Which makes it useless for anything but wah and volume. Also the Korg has level sensitivity problems going between wah, fx, and volume on the expression pedal.

However, if you want some nice fx cheap the korg does do the trick. The song Fun deLay in my sounclick page uses just a AX3G and a Schecter C1 going straight into the computer. I also heard somebody do the "Shine on you crazy diamond" solo using the Vamp "crazy diamond" setting and it sounded great.
I actually have a Zoom G2, but i have barely used it. Is it better than the 505 2?
By process of elimination

zoom - fail
behringer - massive fail
korg - not bad

you buy the korg.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
If you play alot of Dark Tranquillity the V-amp would be the better choice since both guitarist in DT use v-amp
I just picked up a AX1500G off Craigslist for $100. For the price it's worth it, but I wouldn't pay too much more. The chorus and delay FX did not impress me. I also have a GNX2 and I would pick the GNX over the 1500.
I like the Boss ME-50, that's a nice sounding effects pedal. and it doesn't cost too much.
Quote by FRDesign
Digitech RP Series. Everyone likes my Tone with it

This is actually true - the RP80 is decent if you know how to EQ it properly.

I've very recently got an RP350 but haven't even started setting it up, though I can already tell its a pure beast.
If you're going through the computer then I'd avoid the Boss ME pedals, since they are essentially just digital stompboxes and don't have an amp simulator.
I've had a Digitech GNX3 for a while and it's extremely versatile, although I have to say some of the tones are not as 'realistic' as some other pedals. I've managed to get some great sounds from it though and have used it to record and gig for years. My only criticism is that it's starting to fall apart now (in its defense its been about 6 years since I bought it).
Before I got my GNX I used a Zoom 505II. It was ok at the time (when I was just starting out) but sounds like a joke next to the GNX. It is much older though, back when there wasn't as much research done into digital effects/amp modelling and pedals generally weren't as realistic.

Although I've never used one, I've heard nothing but good things about the Line6 pedals. They have some new pedals coming out (the POD 3 range) which look amazing, but will probably cost loads. On the positive side.. this will probably mean the price of their older pedals will drop