Poll Options
View poll results: best?
engl screamer 50 combo
4 50%
mesa boogie nomad 100 combo
4 50%
Voters: 8.
looking for a high gain combo for around £600 to £700 , which is the best
ENGL Screamer might be worth a look. If you could look into a head and a 2x12" cab you'd have a lot more options such as Laney GH50L, ENGL Fireball etc.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
what kind of bands?

used peavey 6505 is my guess
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'm just about to order a ENGL Screamer :P

Just adding whatever assorted bits and pieces I might need from Thomann to my basket and away I go!
^ Nice, they're great amps.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
engl screamer, laney tt, peavey xxx/5150/6505, marshall jvm. possibly some more i haven't thought of. you just really need to try them to see which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tiny0514
are mesas out of my budget

not if you double it
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ There are better options than Mesa for the price here in the UK. That said, if you can find a used F30 or F50 at a decent price it may be worth a look.

Look into all the ENGLs, Laneys and Peaveys mentioned though.
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
i agree. i tried a mesa f50 recently, was far from impressed. if you ask me, £1200 should mean my tongue is on the floor.

obviously personal preference and all that, but i've tried amps at half the price which sounded better, IMO.

obviously this doesn't apply if you're in the USA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The three amps mentioned are excellent amps, it is a matter of personal preference basically, there is no real "best one" IMO. Mesa Mark IV would be the one with distortion and cleans, but that costs more. I had about the same budget as you, you can see which one I went with in sig.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
What sort of metal exactly?

And ashdown Fallen Angels are damn good, I'm selling one on eBay if you want to check it out; the link's in my sig.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i want over the top distortion , so the ashdown wont do me, what heard about it is int high gain
Last edited by tiny0514 at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by tiny0514
i want over the top distortion , so the ashdown wont do me, what heard about it is int high gain

You still didn't really answer my question anyway: What sort of metal? As in what bands are you trying to replicate tonally?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
my taste is to vast . just need a range from maiden to really heavy death metal
i like the mesa nomad 100 and the engl screamer 50 but witch is the best ?

i can get a good deal on a nomad if that hellps
Last edited by tiny0514 at Sep 20, 2007,
yeah i'd probably go with a 5150/6505. how good of a deal on a nomad, though?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
which randall cab?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I suggest you play each of them before you make your final decison.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
aye that sounds not too bad. i mean new a dsl100 is what, about £600? that bottom of the line cab couldn't be much more than £200... while how much was a nomad new?

check the second hand prices on the nomad, though... no point in getting a smokin' deal if you can't shift it on...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?