Poll: How long does it take for you to nod off?
Poll Options
View poll results: How long does it take for you to nod off?
less than 10 minutes
18 9%
11-20 minutes
20 10%
10-30 minutes
46 23%
31-60 minutes
62 31%
1-2 hours
36 18%
2-3 hours
15 7%
3 + hours
4 2%
Voters: 201.
Page 1 of 2
On an AVERAGE night, how long does it take you to fall asleep?

Even when I'm tired it takes me at least half an hour. Sometimes up to 3 hours.

Hows about you??

(poll coming)
10-30 minutes.

1 if i'm tired.

3h+ if i think my girlfriend is cheating on me.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Most nights about half an hour, but Its much easier to sleep if your not constantly checking the clock.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by illuzion_ownz
i don't normally sleep, but when i do i go out like a light, 5-10 minutes at the most

If you don't usually sleep then I'm not surprised it takes you 5 minutes.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Usually it takes me between half an hour and three quarters of an hour, but occassionally i will just pass out as soon as my head touches the pillow. I have been known to put a dvd on, get in bed, and have fallen asleep before the menu has even loaded up to start the movie.
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
I have a terrible time sleeping. On top of struggling to get to sleep in the first place, I often jump awake a few minutes after finally dropping off in a cold sweat with my heart racing for now apparent reason. That's fucking annoying.

I have a very messed up body clock and daily routine.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Sometimes bloody ages But recently about 3 minutes just cus I'm doing a lot more physical work.
too long. Thats why I'm answering your thread at 3:30am.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
i get up at 3am for work and get home from work around 6pm....i'm so bloody tired i usually pass out in like 5 minutes.

on my weekend though, or when i haven't been at work all day it can take up to 3 hours, since i'm so used to passing out from exhaustion but i get 3-day weekends
Quote by alex_haeni
Bahah, i just got BUTSECKS to work.
Quote by NeoNoks
hours!!i can't sleep O_O..but when i do i sleep for ten hours =D

if you can't sleep then how are you sleeping for 10 hours, someone help me out here, im confused
i dont really time myself. In fact I don't know the exact moment i fall asleep. I doubt anyone does actually. But i would geuss a couple minutes.
2-3 hours. I think too much. And recently it's taken longer, and then I've been woken up on numerous occasions by nightmares
depends. 5 minutes in a normal night. like 1-2 minutes if im really tired. and when i cant sleep i usually dont fall asleep. but im half asleep after about 2 hours.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
If I'm tired and working or at school then it takes less than half an hour, when I have long periods of time off e.g. Summer holidays and no job - then I stay awake for twice as long as I should, yet I find it hard to go to sleep.

I don't know why, probably some medical reason...
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Between five and ten minutes; sometimes quicker.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
1-2 hours.
Sometimes I'm not tired, but most of the time I am. I just can't actually sleep.

Aslo, when I get to that point where I'm all comfy and near to falling asleep I always need to go to the toilet, so I'll go then when I come back i usually find it quite easy to go to sleep.

I wake up because of nightmares sometimes, then it takes me an hour to get back to sleep. I have to go the toilet again aswell. I'm usually scared I'll have another nightmare. That and I don't like my landing or the room next door, I'm scared 'something' will come in my room or follow me into my room if I don't close my door...

I'm usually the person who watches everyone fall asleep at sleepovers then watches everyone wake up in the morning.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

It varies. No earlier than 2 hours a lot of the time though.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Sleep is not in my vocabulary, ok Often used Vocabulary, Naps are more efficient anyways
"The Government gives you the power of free speech but you have to make your voice heard"
I'm an insomniac, so I don't sleep much. On the days where I do actually manage to fall asleep, I usually don't doze off until about 5 o'clock in the morning.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
I think too much. I don't want to, but my mind just keeps replaying the day, or favorite memories, or what I'm gonna do tomorrow. So it takes anywhere from 2-3 hours. Sometimes I go to bed at 12, then it'll be 4 and I still haven't slept and I need to wake up at 5:30 for school, so I say "**** it" and just watch TV until school starts.

I'm so tired.
If I'm physically tired it'll take about 30 seconds to get to sleep, if I'm only mentally tired it may take an hour or two.
Quote by omegasus
I think too much. I don't want to, but my mind just keeps replaying the day, or favorite memories, or what I'm gonna do tomorrow. So it takes anywhere from 2-3 hours. Sometimes I go to bed at 12, then it'll be 4 and I still haven't slept and I need to wake up at 5:30 for school, so I say "**** it" and just watch TV until school starts.

I'm so tired.

Yeah I'm exactly the same. Thinking about the day for hours.

But if I get waken up at 4am by say, an alarm outside, then I can fall back asleep in seconds and I'll only barely just remember the alarm the next day.
After being too drunk, about 20 seconds.

After being nicely drunk, about 2/3 hours sometimes.

After being sober, about 45 minutes now, but a couple of months ago I wasnt getting sleep till 3/4 hours after I went to bed.

I need to sleep now though, I get up at half 7 on weekdays, rush into college, come home, change, and then rush into work till 8 or 9. Leaving me with about 2 and a half hours to do what I want for a while and then go to sleep.
Now I'm working full time, under 20 seconds. But I remember in my teens it could be an hour or two. Ridiculous!
Page 1 of 2