I am in my last year of senior school and I really can not be arsed to do R.E.

It is compulsorary in our school, however 2 friends have been able to drop it.

Is there any law that states that I do not have to do it.

I just see it as a waste of time and during the double R.E. block I could be doing more important work.

cheers
just do it, it won't kill you, unless you have some kind of allergy, in which case, do it anyway for laughs
Pay attention.

R.E. is good to help you gain understanding to other peoples' beliefs, ideas and so on. It also gives you a good idea of other cultures.

It's a good thing.
yeah it like that ay my school but its easy with no revision i got a b on my test and i thought id be lucky if i got higher that a f
we've done all other cultures previously. this years topic is christianity. not like jesus though

random crap like poverty and marriage

on monday she gave us untill tuesday to write a three page essay

it just gets in the way of everything
when ive got RE i just dont go,i usually go and get some food or hang out in the music room. i just cant stand ppl tryin to force there religion on others
I have to do it and i'm in my last year of school

Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
when ive got RE i just dont go,i usually go and get some food or hang out in the music room. i just cant stand ppl tryin to force there religion on others

thats not really what RE is, you learn about other religions its not an indoctrination into <insert religion here> class
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep

are they actually trying to force you to belive it or are they just trying to teach you about the beliefs of others?

cos theres a big difference....
i can't really hng out in the music room

my guitar lesson overran by 5 minutes into my r.e. lesson and my mum recieved a letter home because i hadnt turned up to lesson ^o)
Keep doing R.E, its really easy to get high grades.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by rocabillyrollup
i dont give a **** about an r.e GCSE though

Stop being ignorant and grow up. You wont like many things in life, that doesn't mean they're not worthwhile.
Shut up and learn. You're probably the kind of guy who thinks understanding other cultures isn't important. Go cure your ignorance, I'd have loved to have been able to take RE as a GCSE.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by rocabillyrollup

it can be used to show your insight and understanding of other cultures which is a good thing to have on a C.V
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Shut up and learn. You're probably the kind of guy who thinks understanding other cultures isn't important. Go cure your ignorance, I'd have loved to have been able to take RE as a GCSE.

To be fair i agree.

I sat in GCSE RE for two years i did not believe one ounce of it and i came out with a B in it. Its just an easy grade to get.

I still have to do it now as it is compulsory but i don't have to do an exam i just sit and debate if god is real and it is pretty interesting in that respect.

We also watched a video about Wako
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Yeah, I'm atheist and hate it but i try my best anyway.

and *Compulsory

I don't see how being an atheist has anything to do with liking the subject.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I don't see how being an atheist has anything to do with liking the subject.

+1 im an atheist and i actually liked RE, it gives you a valuable insight in to religious belief
I just learned today that we're meant to be doing an exam at Int2 for RMPS (it used to be RME but they changed it this year so we're philosophical now). Everyone was like 'OMG i'm so not going to that exam, its like mental pointless'. The teacher said it wasn't even a hard exam , more like a test, so I don't know what everyone was stressing about. In my eyes, it's a good easy grade to get. Plus, god forbid, they might actually learn something about other cultures. It amazes me how people don't know anything about other religions. Just today we were filling out a sheet with a word bank and my friend says 'guru granth sahib, is that nae a type of food?'.
RME used to be a skive where we would just sit and do nothing while the subs (all the RME teachers left at the start of the year) would get stressed but now i'm actually learning something with a proper teacher.
Just think of it as an extra GCSE... you know, more GCSE's (A*-C) = more chance of getting into the college of your choice.
Quote by rocabillyrollup

Bur surely getting another GCSE isn't a bad thing.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.