hi, i am looking for a little unit that i can plug my headphones in to for night time guitar practice.

i was thinking along the lines of the pocket pod from line 6 or ampworks from korg.

what do you guys think?

decent noise gate built in fo use with my practice amp would be a bonus but not essential.
Last edited by Sepulturick at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by Sepulturick
any other suggestions? how about korg axg5 or zoom g1?
The Korg unit AX3G/AX5G will run on AA batteries and the output will drive headphones. The expression pedal on the AX5G is flawed so the $50 AX3G might be your best bet, and it's nice and small.
Quote by fly135
The Korg unit AX3G/AX5G will run on AA batteries and the output will drive headphones. The expression pedal on the AX5G is flawed so the $50 AX3G might be your best bet, and it's nice and small.

in what way is the ax5g expression pedal flawed? i currently have the ax1000g which i am selling as i want something smaller for headphone use. the pedal on that isn't too amazing.
Two problems with the expression pedal.

1) Most pedals have a pressure sensitive switch. The AX5G doesn't. In FX mode, if you push the pedal all the way forward it toggles the effect on/off. This makes it difficult to control the effect.

2) If you switch the pedal between volume and effect mode the volume will change. If you switch back to volume mode you don't have the full range of volume that you did before you switched. I sold mine so I can't remember the exact details. But I did write a letter to Korg and they basically said that's the way it is.

If you are just using the volume or wah then maybe it won't bother you too much. The +$20 to go from AX3G to AX5G isn't bad, and if you know what to expect then it still may be worth it.