So i was messing around on my computer a minute ago, and i went onto the 'map network drive' option, and realised that since ive been pwning my neighbors wireless broadband ive been connected to their network and their computer was one of the options for drives to 'map'! now is it a firewall or something that stops people doing that to me? because ive got to get on a network along with others in my house to get my wireless at uni next week, and i don't want those scallys to scrump my sweet files!

cheers for any advice in advance!

Tim
x
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
That thread title isn't funny.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
That thread title isn't funny.

I found it quite clever
No you can't unless you set up a network sharing folder
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

If you're on their network the only way to protect your files is to change the administrator password, disable the guest account, and change the permissions on your C:\ or just certain folders to only allow your user account...oh and make a password for your user account.
If you are stealing wireless from them, and they dont know about it, they wont be doing anything to your files any time soon...
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
If you are stealing wireless from them, and they dont know about it, they wont be doing anything to your files any time soon...

yah i know, these guys are old and slow and barely ever use their net anyway, but ima be in a house with loads of students next week, and i dont want anyone jacking mah tunes 'n' touchin' mah docs. basically im gonna have some seriously important school work on here and i dont want anyone to get bored and try and **** around with my stuff!

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
Shouldn't the title be "Like a toddler in a Portugese hotel room"?
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Try using Folder Lock for your most important files. Aside from that, gotta make them your friends. :P
Quote by Tim_Orme_Esq
yah i know, these guys are old and slow and barely ever use their net anyway, but ima be in a house with loads of students next week, and i dont want anyone jacking mah tunes 'n' touchin' mah docs. basically im gonna have some seriously important school work on here and i dont want anyone to get bored and try and **** around with my stuff!

Pay for your own damn internet. If I saw anyone stealing my service I'd seriously hax their shit...since they are old I doubt you have anything to worry about but see my previous post just in case.
Quote by South-of-Heaven
Shouldn't the title be "Like a toddler in a Portugese hotel room"?

well possibly i didn't think about it too much. its the beaches people were more worried about tho for ages wasn't it cos of some dude photographing the little chicks, anyway try and stay on task this aint MM thread!

Quote by civildp1

Quote by SupremeACL