is lefty guitar player really rare? i only know one other besides me, anyone else here play lefty?
i dont play lefty... but i know 4 others who do... i only know like one or two other right handers... it's wierd
Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.
i'm lefty and i hate it cause finding a left hand guitar is soo damn difficult...and whats worse?....they dont make left handed js ibanez guitars
There are trees by the river whose leaves rustle with fear......of the dark thoughts that cloud Mother Earth's mind......
Quote by Sharath
i'm lefty and i hate it cause finding a left hand guitar is soo damn difficult...and whats worse?....they dont make left handed js ibanez guitars

maybe that's the challenge. Sorry, that was a poor attempt to make the search for lefty guitars a little brighter. I'm a lefty as well and I know what you mean.
i got a 400$ ibanez acoustic for class (dont know much else about it, but it was hard to find) there always more expensive which pisses me off so much
i was lucky enough to come across a luthier in my town (i am in india)...so got a custom axe built...i dont have anybody or any other guitar to compare it with...i plug it into the stereo mic input.no amp cause i all my money got invested in the guit.....well i thank god that i got one at least...
There are trees by the river whose leaves rustle with fear......of the dark thoughts that cloud Mother Earth's mind......
i thought leftys were rare but then i came on this site and found out there are alot more than i thought
and its still a very little amount anyway
personally i don't know any other lefty players
and those saying lefty guitars are too hard to find arent looking in the right place
every single guitar i have dreamed about is available in lefty so im ok
and dont forget that it is possible to flip a guitar to left handed
i did it and im happy with it, its not that bad
founder/leader of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club
pm me if you would like to join

--my gear--
squier '51 (flipped for left handed)
cheap no name 15w amp
I'm a lefty, and think its quite discriminative when we have to pay upto 25% more for a guitar because of which hand we use.

And there's not that much of a choice.
Im left handed and my local guitar shops sells 3 or 4 lefthanded guitars and they are all standard strats or whatever.. nothing special... So its really really hard to by a guitar because I like to beable to play the damn thing before buying it (ordering it)
Thomas S
i'm lefty.
most of the big companies will make their most popular models lefty.
however, usually, they only make the lefty versions with a single colour option.
example; epi g400s availible in red, black and white
but the lefty is only made in red.

you can expect to pay more for your guitar as well,

but they're not really rare
I just got my lefthanded Fender Strat MIM. I could choose all the colours available...I had to pay €35 extra for lefthanded though.
Most lefty players get them built or just make their own guitars
Most tone comes from your amp anyway which is why I'm saving up for a top quality custom guitar and I know about 5 serious lefty players
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
I'm lefty and I felt damn lucky when I found my guitar. One casual stroll into a pawnshop and low and behold a mexican fender strat for 125 bucks. I love that thing
I'm a lefty.

I have bought most of my guitars used; I learned to let other people bother with finding them.

It's difficult sometimes, but good left-handed guitars are out there.
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Jimi Hendrix was lefty...

I'm left handed but I play guitar right handed.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by doovana
I'm a lefty, and think its quite discriminative when we have to pay upto 25% more for a guitar because of which hand we use.

no its not. its not as common as right handed players therefor they arent going to sell or make as many.

imho, leftys shouldnt even have their own guitar. i mean, you dont see any other left handed instruments(as far as i know. ive never seen any). you never see a piano with the bass keys on the other side or a flute that points the other way. imo, theres no need for a left handed guitar. i know plenty left handed players who play right handed and they do just fine. i realize that it may feel weird at first, but seriously its like that for everyone. it never feels right for anyone. i thought it felt wrong to play right handed and im right handed. but if you learn only one way then its not even going to be a problem in the future. so imo, left handed guitars shouldnt exist. they were made a certain way just like any other instrument. with the others you just deal with it and play. i dont see why it should be any different with guitars.
Quote by doovana

Left handed guitarists are much more rare than right-handed ones. So that means they have to go out of their way to re-arrange the guitar to be left handed.
I am A Lefty to ! Sucks sometimes. but hey We are Unique! I just purchased a lovely Axe a Ibanez sa260fm lavender burst its a wickid guitar and i got stax of discount cus they could not sell it!
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
no its not. its not as common as right handed players therefor they arent going to sell or make as many.

imho, leftys shouldnt even have their own guitar. i mean, you dont see any other left handed instruments(as far as i know. ive never seen any). you never see a piano with the bass keys on the other side or a flute that points the other way. imo, theres no need for a left handed guitar. i know plenty left handed players who play right handed and they do just fine. i realize that it may feel weird at first, but seriously its like that for everyone. it never feels right for anyone. i thought it felt wrong to play right handed and im right handed. but if you learn only one way then its not even going to be a problem in the future. so imo, left handed guitars shouldnt exist. they were made a certain way just like any other instrument. with the others you just deal with it and play. i dont see why it should be any different with guitars.

i disagree with this. as a piano player,
the reason there are no left handed piano is because both hands are doing similar things on a piano. as is the same with flutes and saxophones.
depending on your dexterity, your mind-hand co-ordination is better with your dominant hand which is why you pick with your dominant hand so you can watch what your fingers are doing on the frets.
i tried to learn right-handed and i couldn't do it. at all.
i'm sure there are many people like me.
after a few months i tried left-handed and could do everything i couldn't do playing right handed.
what blindin1ear said is a loads of crap, to be honest.
but its something right-handed people will never understand.