Hook it up to a Line 6 amp and you have yourself a laz0r guitar.

Pew, pew, pew!
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
It looks pretty good and I've seen some clips of it being played and it sounds very good too. It looks good for the price but I still have yet to play one.
Personally I like it. There's lots of versatility and under all the fancy stuff its still an American strat. You're gonna get mixed opinions though
i think there's no point in it to be honest. if you wanted an american strat wouldn't you just get an american strat? thats the only thing the Line 6 Variax lacks - its not really a strat lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Overpriced for how limited it is. Your stuck with exactly what comes with it. Thats fine if you onl ever want that much, but if you want different alternate tunings or different or slightly modified sounds, then you can't do that.
You can do all tha on a variax. Theres also no footswitch based patch switching, like you can do when you hook up a variax to a pod xt live or vetta II.
No user firmware updates like the variax. You gotta send it in for that.
No range options either. You have to pay the high price to get it. The variax will give you a similiar sound quality throughou its range so it can be very affordable.

The only reason anyone would get one over a vairax is either the fender name, or because it does have magnetic pickups too and not just piezo ones. So if the batteries or electornics die in your variax, you scrwed. in a vg, you can just switch back to the normal pickups.

Though you don't get the great breakout A/B box with the VG that you get with the variax 600/700 so thats another thing.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
what amp are you using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by La Qotsa

Pew, pew, pew!

that just made my day.
I love the Fender VG. So versatile, and how well it sounded, and how good it played. Very surprising.

My biggest turnoff is only 21 frets and the price. 24 frets would be appreciated.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I've never once used a 24th fret.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Ishiga
I've never once used a 24th fret.

I use it very frequently.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by La Qotsa

Pew, pew, pew!

, exactly why I always stray away from the VG and Line 6s. The effects sound so packaged and fake.
I've played one, my former teacher has one, they're alright. My one problem with them is that they don't track as well as they should. If you play fast enough, the notes don't track well.
Quote by HellRaiser620
I've played one, my former teacher has one, they're alright. My one problem with them is that they don't track as well as they should. If you play fast enough, the notes don't track well.

that doesn't happen on the variax except on the 12-string and sitar patches and probably to a lesser extent its funny how some people say the fender is better just because its a strat.

honestly, if you really must have a modelling guitar you should go the line 6 route. On the variax you are not limited to the patches and tunings they give you, and they make amps which can be connected to the variax digital out, which will also power the guitar so you don't have to use batteries or the A/B box.

so for the price of a VG strat you could probably get a Variax with a Vetta II, and definitely a variax with a Pod XTLive, which are both much MUCH more useful setups than a VG strat can offer.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.