iam thinking about getting some new pick ups, i play classic rock, and have an epi g 400, what would be some good pickups, (i know nothing about pick ups really) and i dont really wanna go over 100
100 each, or together?

Gibson Burstbuckers might not be a bad idea, generally any aftermarket humbucker will run at least $60 each. I think the Gibson ones are around $100 each
100 US dollars? euros? pounds? something else?

what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok its looks like iam gonna need to to spend a bit more, but whatever thats fine, so like say $200 CND, and i have a vox 30 watt valvetronix
Quote by Dave_Mc
100 US dollars? euros? pounds? something else?

what's your amp?

Yeah. If you mean US Dollar,s look for used pickups. I bet you could find a Duncan JB and '59 for that used.
Honestly, the best thing you can really do is pick out some of your favorite guitar songs, and buy pickups used by the artists that recorded those
Quote by chris_kedro
Honestly, the best thing you can really do is pick out some of your favorite guitar songs, and buy pickups used by the artists that recorded those

That's actually a really dumb idea.

TS - pickups aren't going to make an awful lot of difference with the valvetronix, what exactly is it you're hoping to change about your tone?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That's actually a really dumb idea.

TS - pickups aren't going to make an awful lot of difference with the valvetronix, what exactly is it you're hoping to change about your tone?

So if you like dimebags sound a lot for example...you'd be wrong with getting Bill Larence L-500s
Quote by chris_kedro
So if you like dimebags sound a lot for example...you'd be wrong with getting Bill Larence L-500s
If you're running it through a 30 watt solidstate, then yeah, pretty much.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by chris_kedro

You would unless you also had the exact same amp, guitar, effects and playing style.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Yeah, you're right about that, but if you are going to change pickups, and have nothing else to go on (they're hard to try out in your guitar until you buy them), I still don't think it's a bad way of doing it.

You are right that it could set someone up for disappointment though >
Quote by chris_kedro
Yeah, you're right about that, but if you are going to change pickups, and have nothing else to go on (they're hard to try out in your guitar until you buy them), I still don't think it's a bad way of doing it.

You are right that it could set someone up for disappointment though >

There does seem to be a pretty widespread belief on UG that pickups are somehow magic and can produce any sound you want regardless of the amp you plug into
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

i just want a way to get a better sound, (clearly, more sustain ext) cuz i dont think i really need a new guitar just yet,
Quote by steven seagull
There does seem to be a pretty widespread belief on UG that pickups are somehow magic and can produce any sound you want regardless of the amp you plug into

agreed. not to say pickups won't help, even if you're running into a 30 watt solid state practice amp, but there are more efficient uses of your money available...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Believe it or not, alot of people find that the higher gain a pickup is, the more muddy it might sound.

I've never used EMG pickups before, they have a built-in pre-amp to boost the signal strength. but you have to use batteries with them
^ depends. if it's a poorly designed pickup, then yeah, more gain will generally darken the tone, i think (more turns increases the capacitance which sucks out the highs, or some such guff).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Greg_23
i just want a way to get a better sound, (clearly, more sustain ext) cuz i dont think i really need a new guitar just yet,

Work on your technique. Then, save for a better amp if you feel the need.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.