Yes
58 43%
No
70 51%
No, but soon
8 6%
Voters: 136.
Page 1 of 2
I was just curious to see how much of UG has an HDTV already. You can post you setups if you please.
GO RED WINGS!!!
Are they new TVs or something?

Are they what you play those DVDs in blue cases on?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
^yes and yes

blue ray. i havent seen one on my tv but i plan too.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Yup, thats if you get the Blue ray disc. I love mine, the picture is alot better than standard def. I have an Olevia 32" in my room, i'll put a pic up in a bit.
GO RED WINGS!!!
No.
HD seems unneccessary when we've already got 6 regular tv's working well in the house.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
i dont have blu-ray, but i do have a samsung 32" HD ready TV. I don't know what model or anything though.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
To be perfectly honest I think DVDs and TVs are good enough quality as they are. I'm not going to try and convince my parents to buy some new expensive stuff when what we have now works fine.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I don't even own a tv, so no

Not missing much anyways.

(except jeremy kyle)

9:25am every weekday morning
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I'm using VHS and little combi TV with one of those wire aerials.

*Ticks yes in the poll*
Quote by BlackLuster
Not missing much anyways.

(except jeremy kyle)

9:25am every weekday morning

I get to watch that at work.

Yes i am HD ready. Everyone is technically, at least if you have a computer

PSN ID: ArranP
Blue ray sounds zappy.

Why exactly do I need to be .. Hydro-detergant ready? Or whatever that means? My DVD player, TV and everything else work fine.

EDIT: Oh, I see. Better... meh, I'm cool with watching it on an external arial TV ^_^
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
61" Samsung DLP 1080p HDTV
Onkyo Surround Sound system with receiver
Samsung DVD860 upconverting DVD player to 1080i.

I have no interest in getting an HD capable DVD player until one format or other wins or dual format players pricing levels off. <added PS3 for Xmas, as Blu-Ray is killin it, awesome visual quality, way better than upconverting>

HD programming visuals are so far better than digital (Direct TV, cable etc) its not even comparable.

Hook up your Xbox 360 to your HDtv and you'll be blown away.
Last edited by Dazzl1113 at Jan 30, 2008,
I have an flat panel LCD tv, but I don't think it's HDTV ready.

My parents have a big widescreen HDTV ready tv though, I don't watch it at all really so it doesn't affect me either way.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
i have a 46" sony bravia LCD HDTV, its alright.... the 360 looks much better with it
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Dazzl1113
61" Samsung DLP 1080p HDTV
Onkyo Surround Sound system with receiver
Samsung DVD860 upconverting DVD player to 1080i.

I have no interest in getting an HD capable DVD player until one format or other wins or dual format players pricing levels off.

HD programming visuals are so far better than digital (Direct TV, cable etc) its not even comparable.

Hook up your Xbox 360 to your HDtv and you'll be blown away.

Actually, in a few years, blue ray and hd dvd movies will be in 1 disc and it will work in either player or vice versa. http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/04/warner-to-unveil-total-hd-hybrid-blu-ray-hd-dvd-discs-at-ces/
GO RED WINGS!!!
Parents can't afford one of those fancy TVs.

I'm not bothered about it, as long as I get a freeview box that works (my one died and now only amplifies the analogue signal to my tv) I'll be happy.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

random guitar junk or Fancy tv... i think we know the answer
Hd Tv's are for the rich, or those people that live in **** holes and live like rats yet have lots of fancy stuff :S
Quote by GuitarNinja12
Jesus made the guitar. Who else??

DUH!
Why bother? There's precious little on HDTV that you on't have to pay Rupert Mordoch ridiculous amounts for, and the DVD market hasn't really decided itself between Blu-Ray or the decent(ie non-Sony) one, whose name I currently forget.
Quote by OddOneOut
Parents can't afford one of those fancy TVs.

I'm not bothered about it, as long as I get a freeview box that works (my one died and now only amplifies the analogue signal to my tv) I'll be happy.

Me too.
I have a 22" full 1080p HD monitor which I use with my PS3- TV is shite, so this is perfect for me .
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I do.

2 in fact ... although ones like one of the first ones and now it doesn't work well, because I HD-raped it.

Seriously. I've never seen picture so defined.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Blackbullet
I have a 22" full 1080p HD monitor which I use with my PS3- TV is shite, so this is perfect for me .

1080p on a 22" isnt gonna me much different from 720p on a 22", infact, you wont be able to tell a difference at all. But whatever make you happy
GO RED WINGS!!!
Quote by AcdcKicksAss
1080p on a 22" isnt gonna me much different from 720p on a 22", infact, you wont be able to tell a difference at all. But whatever make you happy

I can notice the diff, I tested it with films/games which support both and I can see the difference but yes it is VERY VERY minimal.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I have a 32' HDTV. It seems really, really big because my room is really, really small. It's just awesome for playing Xbox 360 on, but I don't have it hooked up to TV (I haven't watched TV in like 6 years, can't really stand the crap on regular TV and don't have the cash for a decent cable plan =/) nor do I have an HDTV player, but playing regular DVDs on my 360 looks pretty decent from 10 or so feet back, but is pixelated if you're up close.
kinda
i bought a HD ready tv for my room
i think i need to get a box to make it 'fully HD' though (another £100 or there abouts )
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
I don't care enough about TV to spend the money on HD. I only really watch things like The Daily Show and The Office, so it's not like I'm missing out on dazzling visuals. Plus I have a projector for watching movies, so there's really no need for a fancy TV.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Slipping_Away
I have a 32' HDTV. It seems really, really big because my room is really, really small. It's just awesome for playing Xbox 360 on, but I don't have it hooked up to TV (I haven't watched TV in like 6 years, can't really stand the crap on regular TV and don't have the cash for a decent cable plan =/) nor do I have an HDTV player, but playing regular DVDs on my 360 looks pretty decent from 10 or so feet back, but is pixelated if you're up close.

What kind of tv is it? I have an Olevia with NTSC and ATSC and it allows me to get a couple HD channels with out a plan. Football looks really good in HD Also, I only paid $530 total for my tv. Its not that expensive and its a good brand!
GO RED WINGS!!!
My tv is 53 inches of pure 1080p HD gloriousness. I have sex with it on a regular basis.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
haha yeh :P
sony bravia 52"

oh yeh, just need a hd dvd player now >.<
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
sony bravia 26...that is mine i paid for in my flat not my parents like a lot of kids here
Page 1 of 2