Page 1 of 2
Hi, i'm looking at getting a new amp for my birthday because my current one is 15w and not great. My budget is probably around £200-£250 and im looking hopefully for one over 50w and with built in effects maybe. I need it to stay as loud as my band and possibly play some gigs in the future. I was thinking about getting a Marshall MG100DFX or something similar but my friend said that theyre not very good but couldn't/wouldn't really tell me why. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Nick
I don't think MGs are that good. I checked out some tests of it on Youtube and I didn't really like it. I think the Peavey Valveking 112, which is all tube 50w is loud enough for gigs though. I think it's in your price range.
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Mainly rock/metal kind of things like metallica, iron maiden, and some alt/rock type things like alexisonfire and foo fighters. I play whatever i feel like really....
Peavey Windsor.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
wow its amazing how this threads been going for 2 days and no ones come in and started bashign the MGs yet lol...
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
no, stay away from marshall MG's and AVT's if you're going to be loud. they're fine for jamming in your room, but they're one of the biggest pieces of crap out there, especially for how much you pay for them.

what's your budget?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Haha guess im lucky... its around £250 not sure what that is in dollars. I went and tried out a Laney LV300 today. I thought it was quite good, its a valvestate amp too. If anyone knows much about them it would help, like reliability and stuff because i quite liked it. cheers
that's about $500usd. i'm not sure about laney's hybrids, since they're not too common in the states.

and 'valvestate' is the name of marshall's line of hybrids, which are a bit lackluster for jamming/gigging.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00668
laney VC15 (all-valve)

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00088
laney LC15r (all-valve) a bit more modern sounding, and i think it has a bit more gain than the VC series.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

peavey classic 30 or 50 or fender blues deluxe/hot rod deluxe. also peavey windsors are good.
Quote by UnsignedRecords
that's about $500usd. i'm not sure about laney's hybrids, since they're not too common in the states.

and 'valvestate' is the name of marshall's line of hybrids, which are a bit lackluster for jamming/gigging.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00668
laney VC15 (all-valve)

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG00088
laney LC15r (all-valve) a bit more modern sounding, and i think it has a bit more gain than the VC series.

Ah, the LC15 is a wise choice. Good cleans, and more than enough gain for metal. I still think the Windsor would be better, but the LC is good too.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

yeah, i suppose it'd be better for him if since he plays 80s metal and modern hard rock. but the windsor would be good too if it fits in the budget over there.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
yeah, i suppose it'd be better for him if since he plays 80s metal and modern hard rock. but the windsor would be good too if it fits in the budget over there.

Definately try them both TS!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Ok so i went to a different guitar shop today to try some other amps, it's now down to the Laney LV300, Fender 900 Deluxe or the Marshall AVT50. I don't have a clue which to go for!
well the avt is shite so avoid that one. i doubt the other two are amazing either, though i haven't tried them.

If you can get around another £50, something like a peavey valveking may be worth considering, or a laney vc30, though it may not be heavy enough tonewise.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
(sigh) i'm hoping you didn't try any of the ones we suggested because they didn't have them.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

you should hold out and look at other shops then. because to be honest... you'll think you'll be happy with one of those at first. and then you'll spend some time around here, and spend time playing, and you'll realize it was a waste.

be warned.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

If you're lucky and they still have them in stock, one of these...

http://www.rockingrooster.co.uk/productAshdownFallenAngel40DSP-169-165.html

No offence, but the three amps you've tried are sh1te.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if u want somting with a lot of effects and loud i recomend a line6, im not sure about ur price ranfge because im from Canada and we use dollers. The mp all depends on what sound u want and what guitar u have. If u have a tele i recomed a blues deluxe.; MArshals are just for show, there not that grae of an amp. somthing thats about $1200 thats an amazing amp made in alifornia is a mesa boogie, there really good, but i dont know if you can get them in the UK
Quote by mgw94
if u want somting with a lot of effects and loud i recomend a line6, im not sure about ur price ranfge because im from Canada and we use dollers. The mp all depends on what sound u want and what guitar u have. If u have a tele i recomed a blues deluxe.; MArshals are just for show, there not that grae of an amp. somthing thats about $1200 thats an amazing amp made in alifornia is a mesa boogie, there really good, but i dont know if you can get them in the UK

Sorry mate, but be honest...you don't really know an awful lot about amps, do you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Sorry mate, but be honest...you don't really know an awful lot about amps, do you?

nor dictionaries, apparently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^proofread before u post bro... just a suggestion.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by mgw94
f***k u all , this is all about opions

Are they like onions?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Maybe they're onions that get you high?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Maybe they're onions that get you high?

Wouldn't doubt it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Take it to the only Drug thread mgw94, we don't need you hippy degenerates polluting our gear threads!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

I am not a drugie, I'm just not british so I don't really care about how well I spell on the internet, so shut up or I'll shove thoughs onions right up your ass!
Quote by mgw94
I am not a drugie, I'm just not british so I don't really care about how well I spell on the internet, so shut up or I'll shove thoughs onions right up your ass!

lol, that made me laugh.

What's being British have to do with spelling on the internet? I'm not British but at least I can spell words right.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I don't rea;;y know, but all the people who r being diks about spelling are british
Quote by mgw94

Just for you
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Page 1 of 2