There are so many Marshalls available, but I want one with a nice vintage tone, that can give a british tone that doesn't sound buzzy. I want my tone to sound as close as Jimmy Page as possible. What cab/head would I need?
Oh and I was hoping for the price to be under 2000 dollars.
MG series, with the eq at 10 0 10. .....Seriously probably a JCM800 or JCM900.
I got some good guitars, yo.
A Plexi head or JTM45 head and Marshall cab.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
If you're gigging often, i'll second any vintage Plexi or JMP head and a marshall cab.

If you are just playing at home, look at a vintage 18 watter or the ceriatone 18 watt combo. You'll get a much more authentic sound when you can crank it.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Why are you suggesting JCM's? He clearly has a budget for atleast a used plexi reissue, which will do much better for vintage tones, like jimmy page. Although honestly i always thought there was nothing special about jimmy's tone. Just a really gritty, trebly average telecaster through marshall tone to me.
jtm 45 or JMP. I'd also put in an Overdrive pedal like a tubescreamer, really helps to push it for Zeppelin and classic rock tones
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Any inparticular Page tone your going for? Get the Plexi and a Solasound MKII Clone... that should get you very very close to the early tones.
I really like the tone of the early Zeppelin days. For the high-end, I love the tone for solos in Communication Breakdown and Good Times Bad Times (I think there's something about putting the wah in treble position involved). I also like the ballsy, but not too distorted tone of Living Loving Maid, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, etc.
Quote by Shuk
I really like the tone of the early Zeppelin days. For the high-end, I love the tone for solos in Communication Breakdown and Good Times Bad Times (I think there's something about putting the wah in treble position involved). I also like the ballsy, but not too distorted tone of Living Loving Maid, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, etc.

Well definitely look into getting a MKII clone then, it's really the key to some of the earlier tones. BYOC (www.buildyourownclone.com) sells a kit that you can build yourself, or if you aren't into that you can get one prebuilt.

You're right about the wah being in the treble position for Communication Breakdown. I can't say he did it for Good Times, Bad Times though. I know he used a Leslie Speaker for that solo which gave it the swirly effect, that may have contributed to the trebliness of it. Pretty sure the Whole Lotta Love solo was done with the wah in the treble posistion as well, the studio version at least.

Hope that helps you some
Marshall Plexi Reissue prolly, or if you wanna spend some money get a vintage. If you get the reissue get original trannys aka mercury mags, mullards, and possibly get it HW. Also get a Greenback Cabinet. That's just about what Jimmy prolly used right there.
Quote by Leat
MG series, with the eq at 10 0 10. .....Seriously probably a JCM800 or JCM900.

Quote by Gutch220
I'd say a 2203

What???

Why would you buy a JCM800 or 900 for Led Zeppelin?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Leat
MG series, with the eq at 10 0 10.

wtf is wrong with you, i use 10 0 0 on my MARSHALL MG SUPERSTACK and it sounds AWESOME

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
wtf is wrong with you, i use 10 0 0 on my MARSHALL MG SUPERSTACK and it sounds AWESOME
nah, With the MG, you gotta make sure its nice and fizzy, so 0 bass, 0 mids and 10 treble.
Quote by R_H_C_P
A Plexi head or JTM45 head and Marshall cab.

+1 Plexi.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!