i want a ibanez just to try out and see whats it sounds i havent got alot of money but ive never tryed an ibanez which one do i get
Last edited by frantic*** at Sep 19, 2007,
Um..budget, music styles, bridge preference, body shape preference, neck preference?

amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
my budget is about 150-170 i play rock and metal a rely want a wahmmy bar with 24 frets and im not bothered about the shape and i have a marshall MG100DFX
High budget
Hardtail RGA121
Trem RG1570

low budget
Hardtail: used RG421
Trem: used RG570

With that amount your highly unlikely to get a good guitar with a trem.
A highly beater RG570 would be possible.
if your on a budget, you can't go wrong with an rg. what kind of amp do you use?
^bah you can get the older 160/120 models for less than a hundredon the bay. (they were better built back then too)
Quote by Ibanez20th
^bah you can get the older 160/120 models for less than a hundredon the bay. (they were better built back then too)

bah, rgs are crap get an s series or sz used. mahogany really slim body which is the best of both worlds. Basswood sucks for beefy riffs
Quote by frantic***
my budget is about 150-170 i play rock and metal a rely want a wahmmy bar with 24 frets and im not bothered about the shape and i have a marshall MG100DFX

There is NO guitar with a floyd worth buying for that budget - I'm assuming you want a floyd as opposed to a vintage-type trem. Just save your money, unless you don't mind getting a hardtail in which case there's the RG321

[fail]
Quote by AMP64
bah, rgs are crap get an s series used. mahogany really slim body which is the best of both worlds. Basswood sucks for beefy riffs

[/fail]
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by AMP64
bah, rgs are crap get an s series or sz used. mahogany really slim body which is the best of both worlds. Basswood sucks for beefy riffs

Bah you are a total dumbass.

Probably didn't even know the old S series was far slimmer than the current one.
well theres nothing you could get really, that would be good for you to use.....from what I see the cheapest thing you could do is buy the Ibanez RG321MH which is $279
and some day, get new pickups, get some paint to paint your guitar, preferbally Dupli Color paint, which has advanced paints even some that change color in angles of light etc......
getting the guitar=$279+later on get good pickups $190 and stripping the guitar of paint and primining and repainting it, $60, the total would run around $522 , so do 1 thing at a time, It doesn't take to terribly long to save up that much , perhaps you can find a guitar used, but then you risk quality as it is used
^so rather than an used MIJ guitar you suggest a korean (I think indonesian now) built guitar because of quality. You are just fantastic advice.
Yeh dude listen to these guys! nothing worse than a cheap guitar and an awful crap trem!

save up for an SZ series man!
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
I really wish they made an MIJ SZ. Till then I'll just keep browsing bay for a deal on a Vintage Musician.
just go to a guitar store and try it out?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Ibanez20th
Bah you are a total dumbass.

Probably didn't even know the old S series was far slimmer than the current one.

*reported*
Quote by AMP64
*reported*

Does that mean like, you told on him? lol
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Quote by hardcoredarrell
besides what he said is no different than watching TV

if your tv calls you a dumbass i would take it back to the store
Quote by AMP64
if your tv calls you a dumbass i would take it back to the store

I'm afraid my TV says more than that, so I'll defiently keep it

back to topic, go to my first post on this thread and do that or just wait
Quote by AMP64
*reported*

that was a very bad report, please don't do it again. you were the one that made the inappropriate post to begin with. The RG's are very good for metal, not all metal is just chugging out palm mutes, Dream Theater for example, Petrucci's sig guitar is made of basswood, same as the RG series.

In other words, on a budget, hardtail RG = good

AMP64 = report trigger happy
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
that was a very bad report, please don't do it again. you were the one that made the inappropriate post to begin with. The RG's are very good for metal, not all metal is just chugging out palm mutes, Dream Theater for example, Petrucci's sig guitar is made of basswood, same as the RG series.

In other words, on a budget, hardtail RG = good

AMP64 = report trigger happy

it is inappropriate to have an opinion?. There is a reason you havent been made a mod so try not to act like one. i wont take your announcement at all kid.
Last edited by AMP64 at Sep 19, 2007,
Quote by AMP64
it is inappropriate to have an opinion. There is a reason you havent been made a mod so try not to act like one. i wont take your announcement at all kid.

no, it's not inappropriate, i'm just informing you that that was not a report-worthy offence. yes, there probably is a reason i haven't been made mod. however, lets get one in here to deal with you

*reported*

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
no, it's not inappropriate, i'm just informing you that that was not a report-worthy offence. yes, there probably is a reason i haven't been made mod. however, lets get one in here to deal with you

*reported*

that was a very bad report, please don't do it again. you were the one that made the inappropriate post to begin with.

*reported*
Quote by AMP64
that was a very bad report, please don't do it again. you were the one that made the inappropriate post to begin with.

and the point in quoting me was...? unless you were referring to the exact part 'no, it's not inappropriate' in my previous post, where i was referring to it not being inappropriate to have an opinion.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX