Anyone ever notice moments of random synchronicity? At first I thought these events were mere coincidence, but it's hapenning so often I'm starting to believe that there is more to our existence now. I'll be sleeping and in my dream I'll dream that I hear an alarm clock go off and it will wake me up, then my alarm clock will go off a second or 2 later playing the exact same song from my dream at the same point my dream left off. Or some times I'll think about saying something random, and someone else will say the exact same thing, sometimes when I get this feeling I say it really fast to see if someone else was thinking it and usually I'm right, I've freaked out a lot of my friends doing this. At first I thought I was losing my mind, but now I think there's more to it. You Free-thinkers have any ideas about this?
could it be that it's sort of like deja vu? like, when your brain processes the event, some neuron misfires and it stores the memory as if it had just happened? skepticism FTW!
One morning I woke up at 6 o'clock exactly

The next morning I woke up at exactly 9 o'clock

Nothing major but was kinda weird
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
could it be that it's sort of like deja vu? like, when your brain processes the event, some neuron misfires and it stores the memory as if it had just happened? skepticism FTW!

I've thought this same thing, and good call bringing up deja vu, sometimes I'll experience extreme cases of deja vu but the event I'm remembering is from a dream. I'm not sure if these are confabulations or reproductive assimilations in my memory, but they definitely feel real.
i always wake up exactly one minute before my alarm clock and if i say to myself be up at 8 i will wake up at 8 without no alarm or nothing
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
The dreaming thing is to do with external zeitgebers which effect your internal response...hence you'll hear a song in your dreams and it will be on your alarm, the same thing happens with me...

But the other things are quite wierd...
This happens to me all the time, especially with songs i havn't heard for ages, I'll think of a song then that same day someone will start singing or playing it.
Every time I'd look at my phone for the time, someone would ring me as it was in my hands.
i have the same thing, but on a wider basis. me AND a few of my friends are constantly saying the same things at the same time. once me and my friend who wasnt eve facing me started playing the exact same song on guitar at the exact same time, just outta nowhere. i also sometimes dream things and find them happening later and i get a lot of deja vu's
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by farcry
I've thought this same thing, and good call bringing up deja vu, sometimes I'll experience extreme cases of deja vu but the event I'm remembering is from a dream. I'm not sure if these are confabulations or reproductive assimilations in my memory, but they definitely feel real.

well, since it only happens when you're semi- conscious, it would probably seem real. if you had a feeling that strong when you were fully awake, I'd subscribe to some other theory.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
well, since it only happens when you're semi- conscious, it would probably seem real. if you had a feeling that strong when you were fully awake, I'd subscribe to some other theory.

well I don't know if I specified enough, I'll experience something in a dream first that has never hapenned. Then it'll happen a day or a week or even a month later. This is what freaks me out, I'm not sure if during the whole experience I'm just looking back and creating a false memory(confabulation) of a dream as if it existed before an event, or if I actually have the dreams before it happens. It just seems to feel so real it messes with me, if I was the only one on earth experiencing this I'd be worried, but there are entire schools of psychology devoted to the ideas of a singular consciousness.
Last edited by farcry at Sep 19, 2007,
When I came out of drama club one day it was raining and we all spontaneously burst into a rendition of 'Singing in the rain' at the same time. Bizarre coincedence.

Or some times I'll think about saying something random, and someone else will say the exact same thing, sometimes when I get this feeling I say it really fast to see if someone else was thinking it and usually I'm right, I've freaked out a lot of my friends doing this.

I think when you have close friends that you're around a lot you often think the same way. Often with my friends one of the may sigh for example then we'll say the exact same thing at the same time.
We often have the same random thoughts too.

But y'know, I think thats just some weird bond your brain creates. You know how with ssome people you just click instantly? You can usually finish their sentences and stuff but wiht someone you don't click with, then its hard to know what they're thinking.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I think when you have close friends that you're around a lot you often think the same way. Often with my friends one of the may sigh for example then we'll say the exact same thing at the same time.
We often have the same random thoughts too.

But y'know, I think thats just some weird bond your brain creates. You know how with ssome people you just click instantly? You can usually finish their sentences and stuff but wiht someone you don't click with, then its hard to know what they're thinking.

that my friend is true but i wouldnt worry about it unless u start seeing people dying
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner