You most likely played longer than you're accustomed to.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i havent changed my strings in 3 years and they work fine a little buzz
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by SylvaShredder
theyre 12's of course your fingers hurt

Yea i know but I had 12's before...?

And no I haven't played more than I'm accustomed (sp? Sry) to. I normally play on average 2-3 hours per day. And I played like 1 hour today and my fingers hurt.

Also they are Ernie Balls....
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
i havent changed my strings in 3 years and they work fine a little buzz

once you change them, you'll probably realize they sound like horse ****.
Quote by SylvaShredder
theyre 12's of course your fingers hurt

+1
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
doesnt usually happen to me when i put new strings on. When you say sore though do you mean like aches and pains or like blisters or stuff on your fingers???

it maybe that tension is slightly higher cos the strings havent been worked in therefore you'll have to work slightly harder to hold chords/notes etc .

Its more likely you've just done something you're not really used to like new chords where you stretch more or you played more than usual.

i find that even just not playing guitar at all for a couple of days then going and playing for hours i will develop blisters or get cramp a lot more easily than if i had played regularly.

In short probably nothing to worry about!!
Squier affinity Strat - red
Gould Les paul style - black
Fender Mexican 70's re-issue Strat - black
Gibson Les Paul Studio - worn cherry
That's a heavy gauge.. How long have you been playin? Chances are, if you're somewhat new (a year or so), you're gonna have to build the callouses on your fingers before you'll play for 3 hours without any discomfort. Otherwise, you could just be tired, sick, or just plain sore. Worry about it when it happens frequently.
yeh probably but im not worried getting a new RG soon
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by 6stringsdown
That's a heavy gauge.. How long have you been playin? Chances are, if you're somewhat new (a year or so), you're gonna have to build the callouses on your fingers before you'll play for 3 hours without any discomfort. Otherwise, you could just be tired, sick, or just plain sore. Worry about it when it happens frequently.

No dude. I've been playing for 1 1/2 years.

About 8 months of that was with .12 gauge. I have never had sore fingers from using .12 gauges except maybe when I first got them. And I already have callouses..It's probably just that since the strings are new and not really stretched that they need to loosen up a bit and they'll be alright.
possibly the inspiration of new stings made you play longer than usual? that would make your fingers hurt a little no matter what guage you are used to...