Hi, Guys.

In my second a lvl year of psychology and about to start the coursework.

The coursework is on cognitive ability and noise.

Im wandering if anybody could help me out on any experiments already done on this or if anybody has done this themselves.

Yes, i have searched google but i cant really seem to find what i want.

Any help is appreciated.
I have no idea if this will help but i can tell you the four assumptions of the cognitive model lol
Sigh. Do you want study NAMES? Because i can't remember them

There was this one where there was an office, a control group worked in silence and another group worked with ambient office noises, phones and that, and the third had offensive loud noises, like construction work, and their productivity was measured. Ambient background noise was found to have the highest productivity.
selective sensory attention, look into that, most of the sensory input you are not aware of. The way the light levels shining off the wall beside you are inconsistent the hum of your computer, the cars driving around outside, the feeling of your teeth against your lips. Most of it you are not cognizant of. also sometimes you can miss something pretty obvious because your sensory attention was not focused.
Rock music
Classical music
No music

Who can remember the most trigrams?
Quote by CE49
Rock music
Classical music
No music

Who can remember the most trigrams?

good idea. might want to mess with decibel levels, though. for example, all of those groups, but also 3 sub- groups with quiet, normal, and loud volumes. though you'd need a large group of volunteers to get a good amount of people in each group.