I play Classic Rock(AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc...)
Metal (Megadeath, Anthrax, etc...)
modern Rock/alternative (sum 41, blink 182, etc..)

Which guitar would meet my needs the best?

ps. I do not need an amp
schecter / LTD
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
deff the schecter

schecters are awesome
James

My Gear
schecter elite 5 hny sat
Kustom 30 WATT kba30
SWR vintage workingman combo 500/1500
Yamaha Extension 500w Speaker
SWR Workingman Extension 500w Speaker
i am a big jackson fan if u played like metal it would be good but get the schecter
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
The EMGs in the LTD will probably sound all wrong for the classic rock stuff you play.
The Schecter C-1 Plus and the Jackson have close to the same pickup sets (Duncan/Duncan Designed) so I'd really base your choice on whichever feels more "right" in your hands.
Those are all great choices, I myself would go for the Schecter or LTD personally...
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Countach
I play Classic Rock(AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc...)
Metal (Megadeath, Anthrax, etc...)
modern Rock/alternative (sum 41, blink 182, etc..)

Which guitar would meet my needs the best?

ps. I do not need an amp

just got my DK2T a month ago. it sounds and plays much better than the schecter (but almost anything would). i have no experience with ESP/LTD, so i can't comment on that, but i can say the DK2T is great.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
I'd say it depends entirely on what pickup config you go for with the LTD. I'd say the H1001 with Seymour Duncans is the way to go as it will cover pretty much all the styles you list really well. The same guitar with EMGs will do metal amazingly but won't be so good for the other styles. The DK2T (I actually just ordered one as a backup guitar) will do a similar job but the build quality and hardware on a 1000 series LTD should really blow it out of the water. I can't say I know enough about Schecters to really give an opinion on them though.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
I was actualy looking at the ESP website and that MH-1000 SBO with the SD is my choice for LTD because is looks better then the H-1001, and it has the better looking headstock

so can anyone compare the LTD Mh-1000 with SD and the Schecter C1 plus?
3 helpful posts, 7 useless ones.

What's your price range and what country are you from?

I would most likely suggest getting the C-1 Plus and then putting in some new pickups. The C-1s are very comfortable and are well built more ofteh than not.

I definitely wouldn't get the Jackson; a JB in an alder guitar would be waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to trebly (I think the JB is too trebly in my big hunk of mahogany).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
3 helpful posts, 7 useless ones.

What's your price range and what country are you from?

I would most likely suggest getting the C-1 Plus and then putting in some new pickups. The C-1s are very comfortable and are well built more ofteh than not.

I definitely wouldn't get the Jackson; a JB in an alder guitar would be waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to trebly (I think the JB is too trebly in my big hunk of mahogany).

price is not an issue, because the guitars are close to the same price, and usa
May I suggest looking into getting a Michael Kelly Valor?

They are impeccably well built, are very comfortable, have good pickups, and are sexy looking to boot.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would say the Jackson is more suited to soloing and the Schecter is better for riffs. Regardless, they are both versitile guitars, I'd pick the one that feels the best in your hands.
Only 1/3rd of what you play is metal, so I wouldn't pick any of these guitars. Have you considered any Gibsons or maybe a Fender Telecaster?
If you're in the US then definitely go for the ESP LTD out of the three. We Europeans get shafted on ESP prices
Quote by Countach
I was actualy looking at the ESP website and that MH-1000 SBO with the SD is my choice for LTD because is looks better then the H-1001, and it has the better looking headstock

so can anyone compare the LTD Mh-1000 with SD and the Schecter C1 plus?

I didn't notice where the Jackson was made of alder - not paying attention I guess - and I'd also avoid it.

I can speak with experience when it comes to Schecters whereas with the LTD MH-1000 I can only go off the specs.
Basically, from what it looks like, you're paying an extra $400 for a thinner neck (which may or may not be good for you), actual Seymour Duncans, and a tremolo. If the tremolo and the dark look is nothing to you, I'd snag the Schecter and put some new pickups in it; that would, IMO, give you a comparable guitar for a couple hundred cheaper.
The neck shapes are different, I think, so I would still try to play both and see which just feels better. That $400 difference (about $200 after pickup change) when C-1s are good guitars just tells me to go with the C-1, especially when you're not a huge metal player.
The MH 1001 also has Schaller locking tuners and an Earvana nut and all the 1000 series LTDs have stunning build quality. It's all personal preference of course but I wouldn't dismiss the LTD because it's more 'metal' than the Schecter.
Quote by Jodimu
The MH 1001 also has Schaller locking tuners and an Earvana nut and all the 1000 series LTDs have stunning build quality. It's all personal preference of course but I wouldn't dismiss the LTD because it's more 'metal' than the Schecter.

I double-checked and wound up looking at the wrong model that had Grovers instead. I need to make sure I'm looking at manufacturer sites instead of dealers. :P
The Schaller locking tuners do add in, but I'd argue that Schecter's build quality is definitely comparable. I didn't dismiss the LTD at all, much less because it's more "metal," but I did say that it's $400 more expensive when he may not care about a tremolo - he never mentioned wanting/needing one and none of the bands he listed use them in their songs save Megadeth during solos.
If he's got a lot of money and really just does not care about which is cheaper, then by all means, he should go with the LTD - it has everything the Schecter has and more - but I always try to suggest the cheapest route, personally. :P
for me its the MH1000 Electric Guitar (Dark Brown Sunburst) for 749.99
hmmm id go the ESP, but thats comes with EMGs aye? hmm id go C-1, the ESPs a nice axe, but jesus they really are metal guitars and only metal guitars
Lets all be nice
Quote by Becca138
hmmm id go the ESP, but thats comes with EMGs aye? hmm id go C-1, the ESPs a nice axe, but jesus they really are metal guitars and only metal guitars

the one im looking at has 2 Duncan's, distortion and jazz